• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jimmy.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA – Credit card fraud
  • philstone

I’ve just had a call form my credit card company that its been attempted to be used twice today.. neither of which were by myself..

Why would you care?

Well the only purchases I make on this card are with either John Lewis, Chain or Evans cycles…

So, heads up – keep an eye on your statements!

wwaswas

maybe as likely to be data collected as you type it in on your pc?

mogrim

On a more positive note, my bank has today returned the money that was stolen from my debit card 🙂 (smiley for the return of the cash, 😥 for the previous three weeks with no money at all and the PITA of having to reclaim it).

footflaps

I get a text every time my debit card is used for more than £150…

allthepies
    Free Member

<Changes chainreaction filter to 0-£149.99 items>

P-Jay
    Free Member

Having a right nightmare with my Paypal at the moment, unauthorized payment at the weekend, they sorted all that quiet quickly – but whoever was using my account that day also decided to clear my Paypal Credit Account, very grown up and sensible of them – I was planning to do that same myself next week – unfortunately they did it when the money I was going to use was in the wrong place for it and now the bank is moaning about me using my Debit Card when I didn’t have funds for it – a fee and Paypal are moaning about bouncing a payment I didn’t ask them to make and isn’t due for weeks.

All I’m getting from PP is boiler plate responses and they don’t consider internal transactions like that as being ‘unauthorized’ WTF!

Oh and my credit card got declined at the weekend despite being 95% clear and I haven’t even started to speak to them at to why!

Scanned all 3 PCs I used for Viruses and Malware, changed every password for everything I used online – I don’t know how it’s happened, I do use CRC, but I think the PP think was a technical ballsup – I’ve got e-mail saying they’ve removed access from “Lucy’s iPhone” I don’t know anyone called Lucy and instead of buying pre-paid calling cards or emptying my account and sending the lot to Islamabad they tried to buy some shoes and paid off my Credit Account! I think they gave access to the wrong person…

footflaps

Having a right nightmare with my Paypal at the moment,

Have you set up 2 factor authentications (code sent to mobile phone)?

P-Jay
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

Having a right nightmare with my Paypal at the moment,

Have you set up 2 factor authentications (code sent to mobile phone)?

No, and considering I’ve just spent 3 hours writing a proposal to sell ESET 2FA to a client I should really do so*

*I didn’t know they offered it.

monkeychild
    Free Member

No, and considering I’ve just spent 3 hours writing a proposal to sell ESET 2FA to a client I should really do so*

*I didn’t know they offered it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Coincidentally the OH’s account just got done, via Groupon.

Which is odd, because I thought Groupon just sold you a voucher, which is presumably worthless as it’s easy to cancel!

footflaps

Coincidentally the OH’s account just got done, via Groupon.

How can you be so sure it was Groupon, the card details could have been sold on by someone in the bank before the card was even issued to you….

philstone

maybe as likely to be data collected as you type it in on your pc?

Mac… I know its not a guarantee – but I like to think I know what I’m doing..

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Our account here (Thailand) sends you an SMS for any activity on your account whatsoever. For debits it sends shop name and amount. On one hand it’s great. I imagine there’s plenty of fraud as there’s no chip and pin and your usually handed back the card before you sign the slip (so no signature comparison). Makes keeping Christmas presents a secret more difficult as wife and I only have the one joint account.

jimmy

My CC was attempted today too. Something in watter.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Credit card fraud’ is closed to new replies.