Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • PSA: Coppers at 9/C4
  • hora
    Free Member

Next episode

Woody
    Free Member

Followed by the truly abysmal Party Paramedics, who aren’t actually Paramedics 🙄

project
    Free Member

Party Paramedics last week was good as a programe, but didnt feature any Real Paramedics, just a load of free volunteers doing a good job, in a an ex colchester transport, Leylalnd Lynx bus.

The good thing was it stopped the hospitals and ambulances being tied up with sonme minor cases of assault and cuts.

jota180
    Free Member

When I used to race motorcycles [many years ago] do you know what the scariest sight was?

No, not seeing the front go as you exited Clearways at Brands, it was the sight of the bespectacled youth in the – slightly too large – St John’s Ambulance uniform running towards you after the crash

Woody
    Free Member

do you know what the scariest sight was…………St John’s Ambulance uniform running towards you

I know that feeling only too well, for different reasons!

allthepies
    Free Member

Wasn’t there a fella on here (a copper) who recommended watching episode four ? Well tonight is that episode 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I’ll nudge him

hora
    Free Member

Nadia. Thoughts?

Autoelec
    Free Member

Hora, not bad!!!

mildred

Ha ha, that’ll be me!

Sorry but it appears that channel 4 have re-arranged the order of episodes; possibly because of the complaints that have been made by those nice kind do-gooders who have been offended on behalf of the great unwashed of Nottingham.

I kid you not, some of the officers who have featured on Coppers have now been served notices that they are being investigated for their behaviour. This is despite the nod of approval from our galant leaders. An example is the chap who thinks my colleague should be sacked for his robust handling of a criminal. I might add that the offence he vicariously took is from the comfort of his armchair in rural Wiltshire, where the needs and problems of the local population are clearly just the same as those of central Nottingham.

Actually, whilst typing this, it looks like my lot are next week. Great, I’ll be looking for a job soon.

jimmy

would you join the force?

hora
    Free Member

When the chap pissed in the van I thought there would be worse …poo painting on perspex…

Jeez Mildred. Hopefully the Officer investigated won’t be judged on edited footage but in context of the whole situation???

GTDave
    Free Member

jimmy – Member

Yes, currently giving serious consideration to joining the Met as a special.

v8ninety

I kid you not, some of the officers who have featured on Coppers have now been served notices that they are being investigated for their behaviour. This is despite the nod of approval from our galant leaders.

I’m saddened, but unsurprised. Too many ‘TJ’ types in this world, and even worse, too many people who listen to them…
    Good luck for next week Mildred, I’m sure you kept your wits about you with cameras about…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

WTF are you on V8 ninety?

I have worked alongside the police and if you care to actually look at my postings on the police I have a great deal of respect for what they do. Many of my family have been serving officers, I have serving officers amongst my friends. I will criticise them when its merited – I am no blind follower but unlike many on here I have some idea of what the job entails

attack me for what I say by all means – but don’t make stuff up to suit your agenda.

mildred

it was interesting to note that the coppers on this week’s episode made mention of the value of ‘discretion’ within Policing; we all know of incidents whereby a law has been broken etc. yet the Police have given those responsible ‘words of advice’ and sent them on their merry way. Student frivolities spring to mind. However, in a climate of blame and claim it appears that if a cop gets hands on with someone, in encouragement for them to move away (i.e. piss off or you’re gonna get nicked), said person is now in their rights to claim for damages for assault. Now, civil claims are dealt with at county court where the burden of evidence is much lower – that is, on the balance of probabilities not beyond a reasonable doubt, meaning the courts have historically found against the Police. After all, on the balance of probabilities, if the loveable rogue had really been such a drunken ****, the officer would’ve arrested him, no?

Jeez Mildred. Hopefully the Officer investigated won’t be judged on edited footage but in context of the whole situation???

Hardly likely; another colleague of mine was this year dismissed for the use of excessive force whereby he got hands on with a drunk, whilst he was enroute to deliver a death message to family of a person just killed in a car accident. The man then popped up with nasty injuries claiming the nice Police Officer who didn’t arrest him did it. Without any evidence to support this whatsoever, mind. The CPS refused charged due to lack of evidence but the Police in a typical knee jerk witch hunt stylee, decide to sack him anyway. It mattered not that this officer was the recipient of multiple commendations and the complainant is a drunken criminal… Let’s sack the cop!!!!

Sorry about the rant, I’ll get me coat…

v8ninety

Chill your boots TJ. Sorry. Wasn’t meant as an attack on you as such, just it was you that popped into my head when thinking of people who live in an ideal world of black and white, right or wrong, instead of this crappy real world of shades of grey that we live in. You demonstrated the tendency perfectly in the recent homophobia thread which I recently read, which is probably why you popped up in my mind.

That thread doesn’t translate to this one though, so once again I’m sorry. Please consider ‘TJ types of people’ replaced for ‘Guardian reading lefty liberals’.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂 Ok

I can’t decide whether to be insulted or proud now 🙂

hora
    Free Member

He must have had previous concerns on his record/file? Surely??

Unless his Senior Officer was abit of a Political animal or snake/worried about how they’d look if they had a few under their management pop up?

I’ve no idea how it works but in Civvie’ st there are people whose management style is about ruthless/ambition or eager to please etc

Cougar

When the chap pissed in the van I thought there would be worse

I’m sure the copper earlier said, “he’s done a shite in the van”?

tron
    Free Member

To be honest, on the Nottingham episode of Coppers, there were two incidents that looked pretty out of order from the sofa.

The bloke who was shoving the alcy up the street up by Marks and Sparks and whoever it was threw the woman from the alcy family to the floor. I reckon they should have nicked the alcy before it got to pushing and shoving him.

The woman who was chucked on the floor didn’t appear to be doing anything. She might have been, but she didn’t look like it on telly.

donsimon
    Free Member

The woman who was chucked on the floor didn’t appear to be doing anything. She might have been, but she didn’t look like it on telly.

It’s incedents like this that make me question whether these programmes are designed to show plod in a positive or negative light.

crankboy
    Free Member

Tron yep that episode showed some very poor policing the tramp bullying was bad as was some of the response to the chav birthday party. I was in court with some very good coppers the next day who were really annoyed at the incident with the tramp.

Unfortunately people’s views about the police tend to polarise into blind faith or instant mistrust .

I Must say I do find it hard to belive that a respected officer backed by the police federation could be dismised from a force just on the word of an aggrieved drunk.

hora
    Free Member

tron I thought that at the time as well. The woman thrown onto the floor was unfortunate but the Police were struggling to regain control of a large group. She went down/fell wrong so it looked worse on the Officers first action.

Show them in a good or bad light? I love these Producers, by some of the negative footage it just shows how difficult and sometimes shitty their job is.

donsimon
    Free Member

Show them in a good or bad light? I love these Producers, by some of the negative footage it just shows how difficult and sometimes shitty their job is.

The lead in to the programme was telling us that we were about to see what the police really think about us. As public servants I’m not too sure that it’s a good idea for them to publically aire their opinions about us, the public. Yes the do do a difficult and at time testing job, but please could the keep their opinions off the public forum, unless they are happy to be judged by what we see.

hora
    Free Member

Quite a few times in 24hours in A&E this Nurse said some really strong, robust and enlightening things. At first I recoiled alittle thinking ‘should she be saying that’? Then I thought thank you.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/24-hours-in-ae/articles/video-interviews-staff-of-the-ae

DezB
    Free Member

As public servants I’m not too sure that it’s a good idea for them to publically aire their opinions about us, the public

Maybe you… But I don’t feature in those programmes and I don’t care what they think about the scum that do. You know, the scum that they have to deal with day in day out to protect the rest of society.

lazybike
    Free Member

When I used to race motorcycles [many years ago] do you know what the scariest sight was?

No, not seeing the front go as you exited Clearways at Brands, it was the sight of the bespectacled youth in the – slightly too large – St John’s Ambulance uniform running towards you after the crash that’s bought back some memories! Laying at the side of the track whilst said youth fumbles with his bandages….happy days!

yunki
    Free Member

It’s incedents like this that make me question whether these programmes are designed to show plod in a positive or negative light.

god forbid a programme that appears objective 😕

hora
    Free Member

I feel last nights episode was toned down (Editted?) either that or rookies get comparably easy areas …in Scotland? I wonder if they’ll be an edit for next weeks episode or will it be abit strong? I hope the latter.

When the Rookies went into the house to find the deceased it made me think of the officers who went into my Fathers house and the smell that must have greeted them.

I think the public need to see what a difficult job they do for us.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Just found out yesterday i’ve passed the assesment day, medical & vetting aside i’ll start training in the next few months.

Special Constable by night, Undertaker by day. The streets of Manchester will be a safer place…. maybe.

DezB
    Free Member

I think the public need to see what a difficult job they do for us.

Taking a look up a junkie’s arse? I’m out, right there.

donsimon
    Free Member

Taking a look up a junkie’s arse? I’m out, right there.

I’ll think you’ll find that there are people out there who would be more than happy to get paid for doing their hobby… 😕

jota180
    Free Member

I feel last nights episode was toned down (Editted?)

They’re all edited hora – that’s how TV works

You end up with hours and hours of VT and try to put some good bits together in a coherent way

hora
    Free Member

Just found out yesterday i’ve passed the assesment day, medical & vetting aside i’ll start training in the next few months.

Special Constable by night, Undertaker by day. The streets of Manchester will be a safer place…. maybe.

I’ll be joining you one day.

jota180. A re-edit before transmission.

kilo

I kid you not, some of the officers who have featured on Coppers have now been served notices that they are being investigated for their behaviour. This is despite the nod of approval from our galant leaders[/quote

Unfortunately I would say some of your colleagues were being a little naive if they didn’t expect managment would do their legs if they disagreed with the tone of their comments. Call me cynical but don’t say anything on tape, in a car or in an office unless your happy for it to be repeated in court.

jota180
    Free Member

I worry for the intelligence of some of them if they thought some of those comments and actions would be ignored

Woody
    Free Member

Kilo

I’ve only watched a couple of episodes but have to agree with your comments re naivety.

When bosses give tacit approval, that does not mean that you can breach the ‘company line’ without consequences and as with all these programs you are laying yourself wide open to editing with the specific purpose of providing entertainment within a ‘real’ setting.

If these guys thought they would get away with some of the things they said, regardless of the fact that it’s a true reflection on what/who they have to deal with on a daily basis, then they have gone beyond naivety and into the realms of stupidity.

hora
    Free Member

Next week I’m expecting a British version of Bad Boys

8)

kilo

Woody

I wouldn’t go so far as to say stupidity, I’ve been on a similar tv thing many years ago and the production staff know what they are after and will try to steer you that way and they’re used to doing that – but you’d hope that the little voice in the back of the head would go off – I wouldn’t go near one again.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Coppers at 9/C4’ is closed to new replies.