Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • PSA Continental Rubber Queen (Black Chili) Folding MTB Tyre
  • fudge9202
    Free Member
    wrecker
    Free Member

Not ust though I don’t think?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Plan to use them on Stans Flow rims with Stans liquid so should be ok

honourablegeorge

I thought that, the sidewalls deformed, tyres in the bin

Doesn’t seem that cheap either, compared to German sites.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Already running one on the front of my bandit never had any issues with them deforming find them great so do most users on here by all accounts you must have has a defective one 😀

funkynick

They have the UST ones as well, the 2.2’s are the same price, with just the 2.4’s being slightly more expensive.

float
    Free Member

thats about normal price if you get them from germany.

fudge9202
    Free Member

problem is they are out of stock and need one asap so in that respect a bargain

honourablegeorge

fudge9202 – Member
    Already running one on the front of my bandit never had any issues with them deforming find them great so do most users on here by all accounts you must have has a defective one

Two defective ones. It’s a pretty common problem with them.

wrecker
    Free Member

They have the UST ones as well

No stock.

Two defective ones. It’s a pretty common problem with them.

Not had any problems with the 3 I’ve had so far. They haven’t had the easiest of lives either.

grum
    Free Member

£37 for a tyre is cheap now? 😕

fudge9202
    Free Member

for these tyres i think so

grum
    Free Member

Sorry wasn’t meaning to ‘diss’ your OP! Tyres are pricy these days though.

fathomer

Slightly OT, but how easy is it to get non ust’s to seal with Stans?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I had a nightmare getting my non-ust Rubber Queens to seal. They went up OK but sidewalls were very porus and used loads of sealant before they stopped deflating. They were even going down during a ride, leading to tyres rolling off the rim. They didn’t last well in Peak grit and sidewalls are cut to bits now.

Just gone to Flow EX and tubeless read Hans Dampf – much easier and more reliable as a tubeless setup.

p.s. Hans Dampf were £55 a pair from Germany.

Yetiman
    Free Member

No problems here going tubeless with 2.2 and 2.4 BC RQs on Stans Flow rims with yellow tape. A little bit of fairy liquid on the rim and tyre bead helps them inflate using a track pump and about 90-100ml of sealant was needed to keep them inflated. I didn’t experience any probs with sidewalls tearing although one of my friends did manage to rip a 2.2 non-UST RQ last year, he still runs them and hasn’t had any trouble since AFAIK.

fudge9202
    Free Member

no problem just watched the stans video and the sealed first time and have had no trouble since September, using stans flow ex rims with stans rim tape and stans fluid. had hans dampfs on before the contis they also sealed first time but where i am they were just to draggy on the climbs

Northwind

honourablegeorge – Member

I thought that, the sidewalls deformed, tyres in the bin

That’s not a tubeless thing, it’s a Rubber Queen thing.

Mine took quite a long time to seal up- got there eventually but they’re the worst sealing tyres I’ve used, had quite a few rides with stops to reinflate. Wouldn’t buy them again tbh, they were good but not so good as to pay the high price and deal with the hassle.

fudge9202
    Free Member

seems lots of us having different experiences with these. i suppose you go with what works for you and where you ride.

joolsburger
    Free Member

IAI I bought one of these (44 quid from NDT on Monday, bugger!) and fitted it last night. The sidewalls seem thin, really thin. From what I know of UST tyres I don’t think these would be any cop, the vertical protection I swapped it for is also BC but had much more beefy sidewalls.

simonm
    Free Member

gravity slave sussed this last year, its actually hit and miss with RQ, i’ve had four, two were a bugger, two were great. Second pair so great I thought they had changed the compound or something, until #5 is a bugger again to get up and keep up. Still, I love them, so will buy again.

2.4″ ordered for new bike, cheers OP.

SOAP
    Free Member

£37 for a hit or miss tyre 😯

thejesmonddingo

Hibike.de do a pair of 2.2 Black Chili RQs for £66 inc delivery,which took 48 hours last time I bought from them.The non-UST RQs went up first time on Stans Crests,but took about a week to fully seal all the pinholes,had them over a year,and no probs at all.
    Ian

fivespot
    Free Member

Anybody know the weight of the 2.2 UST versions while on the RQ subject 😕

fudge9202
    Free Member

according to continental 850g thats 200g heavier than the non ust black chilli that is on offer

simonm
    Free Member

£37 for a hit or miss tyre

if you try to run them tubeless which they weren’t designed to do, keep up

Northwind

If you don’t consider all the ones that have had the sidewalls go wrong to be hit and miss, well…

Neil-S
    Free Member

I’ve got a brand new 2.4″ RQ Black Chilli if anyone fancies it?

£30 delivered, email in profile.

Neil.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘PSA Continental Rubber Queen (Black Chili) Folding MTB Tyre’ is closed to new replies.