Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • PSA. Compressor currently £50 at Aldi
  • bella
    Free Member

Possibly worth a punt. 24l reservoir that runs at 120PSI. 2.5HP electric motor. Assembled and looks good to the untrained eye. Only bit I need now is the connection from a “euro quick coupling” to a valve stem. Anyone done this?

kilo

I bought one last time and just cut the end of and stuffed a cheap brass pump chuck on, works well and I’m very pleased with it

granny_ring

Cheers OP I might have a look tomorrow.
    Can you explain the connection thing, are they a different type than ‘standard’?

bella
    Free Member

Didn’t quite understand kilos solution? Anyone else bought one and sorted a connection to a tyre?

scruff
    Free Member

I got a convert connector from a hydraulic pneumatic supply place.

tillydog
    Free Member

Aldi, etc. usually do a kit of air tools for about 15 quid when they have the compressors. There’s a tyre inflater in there (needs an adaptor for presta valves though).

Edit – An ‘accessory pack’ like this:

(Looks like it’s got a presta adaptor …)

Curly hose, blow-off gun and tyre inflator are the useful bits.

trail_rat
    Free Member

The one i bought from aldi had a presta adaptor with.

granny_ring

Is this compressor at all Stores at the mo?
    Not noticed in any of the Aldi emails I’ve had recently.

granny_ring

No compressors in my local store so will have to wait for next time.
    No rush. 🙂

Tracey

If you ask your local helpful store manager they sometimes have sale stuff like compressors and hose kits in the store room.

granny_ring

Good tip ta, was in a rush today so will revisit next week.

timbur
    Free Member

The hose kits + accessories are reduced in the Lewes store at the moment.
    Tim

Rustychain
    Free Member

Will one of these be suitable for inflating tubeless tyres?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Will one of these be suitable for inflating tubeless tyres?

Yup.

It’s about all they’re good for, not enough airflow for spraying or powering tools but they’l do for infrequent or quick/easy jobs like inflating tyres.

Tracey

We have one of these mounted on the wall in the garage, never failed to inflate any of our tubeless tyres. Not a bad price new but dirt cheap when they were selling them on.

kilo

bella – Member

Didn’t quite understand kilos solution? Anyone else bought one and sorted a connection to a tyre?

Sorry typed in a rush. What I meant was mine came with one of those air guns with a pressure gague for doing car tyres, I just lopped the end of that off and replaced it with a bike chuck to do my wheels and tubeless rather than use the fiddly little adaptor that came with it.

maccruiskeen

We have one of these mounted on the wall in the garage, never failed to inflate any of our tubeless tyres. Not a bad price new but dirt cheap when they were selling them on.

I had a version of that that B&Q (in a different colour / branding) used to sell a while back. Handy wee things, not least because they are light. Only down side is the hose starts to decay, bubble and burst over time and is permananty attached so can’t be replaced (at least without dismantling the machine). Mine was more gaffa tape than hose after while.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘PSA. Compressor currently £50 at Aldi’ is closed to new replies.