Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA Cold War, Hot Jets – BBC 4 now.
  • Pook

enjoy

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup this looks great 😀

seavers
    Free Member

Thanks!

crazy-legs

Good call!

bigbloke
    Free Member

Enjoyed that.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Next episode on at 10pm folks – features the V bombers 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Putting both on my tablet for upcoming flights!

spectraken
    Free Member

Nice one! Thanks

CHB

Brilliant documentary. Crazy how close we came to WW3.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Despite having seen it already, very much worth watching again.

One thing which struck home for me was one of the V-Force pilots describing the job as (And I paraphrase);

“We were to go to Russia, drop a bomb and then turn around and come home. Why? What “home” would there be for us to come home to?”.

Scary.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I remember chatting to an RSM of a donkey whalloper regt who were a Berlin based unit at some point, their life expectancy was about 40 mins from when the Russians rolled. Then he mentioned how many times they were various states of readiness

very scary times

it seems strange how something so significant well within living memory has been culturally forgotten

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

very scary times

it seems strange how something so significant well within living memory has been culturally forgotten

I found myself thinking how on earth I am going to explain to my kids that “when I was your age”……

Knowing (not thinking) that the world could end at any moment. Properly end, as in just not be there any more. Maybe we’d get a four minute warning and hide under our desks. Yeah, that’s going to save us all.

Scary, scary times indeed.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

When I was at tech college in 1973 we were shown a film called ‘The War Game’, I was 16 & believe me, I shit my pants.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

my woodwork teacher had a wall mounted tea bag, two aspirin and a fag (with match)

I can remember the siren tests echoing across the valley and the ROC bunker 400m from my house

to quote a STW favourite

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist. And like that, poof. He’s gone.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA Cold War, Hot Jets – BBC 4 now.’ is closed to new replies.