Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA: Clearance sale of lots of outdoor stuff
  • ElShalimo

Hike Lite is closing down so they are flogging all their stock off cheap cheap.
    They don’t have all sizes as this is a stock clearance but there are lots of bargains to be had if you have a good look.
    Examples
    Montane Krypton £30 Size S, M & L
    Montane Prism Vest £30 Sizes S & XL
    Mountain Equipment Arrow Jacket £35 Sizes M & XL
    Yeti VIB 250 Down bag £150
    Katadyn Mini water filter £50

Plus you can use “CLEARANCE” voucher code for an additional 5% discount

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Good PSA! 🙂

If only I wasn’t so skinty winty. 🙁

Some bargains for sure.

_tom_
    Free Member

What’s the Krypton jacket like? Tempted at that price as my trusty Salomon is a bit big for me now and seems to be losing its waterproofness after a few years of use..

ElShalimo

The Krypton is basically a Pertex microlight jacket with a thin fleecey lining. They’re excellent. The only very minor issue is that they’re not stretchy but they’re still a great jacket

BTW it’s not waterpoof but will easily cop in drizzle or light showers and dry quickly.

matt_outandabout

Krypton is NOT waterproof – it is Pertex outer.
    Having said that, it has been the best jacket I have ever owned. Warm (enough), water resistant (enough), breathable (very), windproof (completely). Our staff had them and wore and wore and wore, then ordered another set etc etc…
    They come up small.

_tom_
    Free Member

Cheers, I was gonna order a small (usual size) but all sold out now so hopefully the medium I ordered will be ok with their slimmer fits!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Montane stuff’s tiny. Unless you’ve tried it on someplace and are happy with the sizing, I’d be wary of buying on line, especially from a closing down sale.

Simon

Got excited when I saw Prism jackets for £49.99…….. only XL left 🙁
    Bought a medium Krypton though, hopefully it’ll fit, all my other Montane jackets are medium….

_tom_
    Free Member

Montane stuff’s tiny. Unless you’ve tried it on someplace and are happy with the sizing, I’d be wary of buying on line, especially from a closing down sale.

Well that’s less than reassuring 😛 If it doesn’t fit I’ll pass on the savings in the STW classifieds!

matt_outandabout

It is snug fit, it is long in arms and body. It is not tiny.
    I usually take an Large in every top going, and have a Large montane waterproof to bike in. But all my other Montane tops (I have a few… 😉 ) are XL.
    Just don’t compare with Patagonia, who do the ‘American’ size – I take a medium…

ElShalimo

That’s not 100% true. Their products do vary in fit – active mountain (slim fitting), classic mountain (looser) & high mountain (very loose to over layer).
    Also any smock will be a looser fit than the jacket variant of the same item as it has to go over the head and widest part of the shoulders, whereas a jacket can be a slimmer fit as it just wraps around you.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Thanks Op.. montane kryptonite jacket and sportswool tshirt arrived this morning. Love montane stuff as it seems to fit me really well. Jacket will replace the stw issue d2b jacket from last year. Wish is been a bit quicker and got a few other bits as they were a great price.

debaser

ooft, thanks for the PSA ElShalimo, although it was an expensive one…

An Easton Hat Trick 2p tent arrived this morning.

Have been looking for a bigger/lighter backpacking tent for a while and an ‘all season’ 2 person tent that weighs only 2 kilos is verging on ridiculous. Thought the Easton tents looked ace and had very good reviews but I could never have justified one at full price so they had dropped off the shortlist. At half price however 😀

From a quick look in the bag, it looks like a very well sorted bit of kit. Nice attention to detail and the carbon poles/ aluminium vampire killing stakes pegs are incredibly light.

Shame to see Hike Lite close as I had used them in the past and they’d been great.

Will post up a proper review if I get it field tested while they are still available.

karnali
    Free Member

dam missed the prism gilets

nedrapier

Plans to re-open, though:

This product will be in stock on Monday 13 October, 2036.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Clearance sale of lots of outdoor stuff’ is closed to new replies.