Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 445 total)
  • PSA: Classics season starts this weekend
  • flange
    Free Member

For those that are interested, the Classics season starts this weekend with Het Nieuwsblad on Saturday and Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne on Sunday. Should be shown on Eurosport fingers crossed.

Wiggins is racing Saturday so hopefully some indication of his form prior to the Roubaix. Really want to Boonen to win it though, he’s tres ossum

thomthumb
    Free Member

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=Cycling

no Het Nieuwsblad according to this.

but Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne is on…

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

At last the season starts!

Saturday should be very very interesting. The 2014 edition is well worth re-watching on YouTube

flange
    Free Member

Can’t believe Het Nieuwsblad isn’t on. Rubbish!

wwaswas

cyclingfans.com is always a good bet for finding feeds. Sometimes they even have English commentary…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Most excited about this. Should be a great start. Curious about it not being on telly, sure it was on last year as I remember watching Stannard win it.

Will be interesting to see how Wiggins gets on. Not long till P-R, though I really can’t see him winning it. Sagan under big pressure to get some big results not too.

Also got Paris Nice and Tirreno Adriatico for the GC boys coming up. Given the action at the Ruta del Sol and having seen the courses these should be top races too.

tang
    Free Member

My Eurosport sub is renewed in readiness!

eddie11
    Free Member

I know!

**** woot!

eddie11
    Free Member

Het is normally on sporza. Don’t think Eurosport ever do it (?)

speckledbob
    Free Member

Looking forward to it. Got some good excuses for staying in and watching for the next few weeks as well.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yay for proper racing again !!

leffeboy

ooo, time to fire up the Eurosport sub again – thanks 🙂

Het is normally on sporza.

Looks like rtbf.be will have it as well from 14:10 on so maybe it will appear on cyclingfans

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Always been a fan of http://www.steephill.tv/

See RHS menu for links to classics. Each usually has online clips of the highlights.

ChrisA
    Free Member

My favourite time of the racing season!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Fantastic racing, what a result! 🙂

speckledbob
    Free Member

Excellent. That was brilliant riding. A well deserved win.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Semi Classics….
    First true classic is Milan San Remo.Although I do have a soft spot for Gent Welvegem and E3

lazybike
    Free Member

Wasn’t expecting that…well done!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Anyone watching it live? What were Etixx up to? Bit of a shambles.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Epic ride from stannard.. wouldn’t like to be on the E-QS bus tonight! never knew the big guy had a sprint in him..!

rOcKeTdOg

Etixx miss-step 😆

lazybike
    Free Member

In fairness they had worked hard to stay away…

YellowBelly
    Free Member

Yes, he had done zero work for previous 40km, but to mug the three of them like that was class.

The footage would make a good training video on how to lose a race.

lazybike
    Free Member

Not taking anything away from the winner was well deserved. Its the old adage, legs decide tactics.

simondbarnes

I nearly fell off my rollers at the end 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

My brother in law has our laptop registered as his second mobile device on his Sky subscription. 8)

Need to get my Mums birthday lunch out the way early tomorrow and then choose whether to watch the cycling or the mighty Ipswich

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Wow! Was following that via cyclingnews.com text feed, how did they manage to throw that away! Gotta be worse than Gilbert V the Schelk’s a few years ago.

Can’t wait to watch it in full when someone uploads it.

Love Stannard, pure class, guy’s just built for that kinda racing.

KBK tomorrow, Kristoff for the win?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Would be a good bet, usually a bigger bunch at the finish.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Disappointing it wasn’t on TV, pretty sure it was last year and Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne wasn’t, oh well, I’ll enjoy the live racing tomorrow!

Final KM’s here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQRSisiaC9A

Not in English unfortunately but I don’t think you need much of a handle on Dutch to work out what the commentators are saying at the end!

Brilliant finish by Stannard, I def thought he was finished when Boonen went!

OT shame about Sarah Storey’s hour attempt, amazing performance all the same!!

scaredypants

Great finish – thanks for the link

Stannard has some bottle, and/or else he’s a great judge of when people are finished, leaving Boonen to go out & fry with hardly any time left

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Yeah that was brilliant, no panic what so ever just slowly reeled him back in!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ha! Dude!!

Ahh what a great game of “no, after you, no…after you…”

Gotta love the classics, gotta love the bikes too. Nothing better than cream walled Tubs.

8)

njee20
    Free Member

I love the sprints at the end of classics, it’s like a grand tour stage in slow motion.

Awesome ride by Stannard, can’t believe he got one over when outnumbered 3:1. Surprised Terpstra(?) opened the sprint though – thought he’d just leave Stannard out front to flounder.

bikebouy
    Free Member

More interested in Boonans ever increasing tumble into obscurity.

Damn if I still love his riding and style too 😕

brakes
    Free Member

Surprised Terpstra(?) opened the sprint though – thought he’d just leave Stannard out front to flounder.

gifted it to Stannard I thought – perfectly placed but didn’t have the punch and died in the last 50m.
    bet Boonen’s fuming that Terpstra attacked and left him languishing rather than leading him out for the sprint.

jate
    Free Member

Very amused by Patrick Lefevere’s comments. He complained that a “a team leader like Stannard should not stay on the wheels for 40 kilometres”.
    Err, don’t want to break it you Patrick but I have just described the position Stannard found himself in and asked what his tactics should be. His response “well obviously sit at the back, do as little work as possible and chase down riders if necessary”. If a 15 year old can figure that one out then it shouldbt have been beyond you Patrick.

lazybike
    Free Member

He complained that a “a team leader like Stannard should not stay on the wheels for 40 kilometres”.

I think he meant it in the context of helping to hold off Gilbert and Vanmarke, gap was down to 20secs at one point, Stannard held his nerve, and quick step rode each other into the ground.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

bet Boonen’s fuming that Terpstra attacked and left him languishing rather than leading him out for the sprint.

Boonen couldn’t hold Terpstra’s wheel – see at 8.50 on this clip. Boonen was shot, as was VDB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQRSisiaC9A

People talk about tactics but you may be missing the point. Only Terpstra looked like he had anything left. And that wasn’t quite enough.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Annnnd a bump for the afternoon crowd.

If you’ve already been riding and crashed on the sofa like me then K-B-K is on Eurosport in 1/2 an hour.. (13.45)

8)

Cav orrrrr…??

crazy-legs

Cav orrrrr…??

Etixx-QS will be under a bit of pressure to perform today after yesterday!
    Should be a good one regardless.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 445 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Classics season starts this weekend’ is closed to new replies.