Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • PSA Chinese light users.
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/nB1DlBpyS9w[/video]

Guy from work showed me this video the other night. I have four of these plugs and one was the same as the video one. I hadn’t been using it coincidentally but purely through chance. Reckon I’ll try to buy a pucker UK plugged charger.

PS you can skip to about 1:20 in the vid if you want to miss out the bit he talks about his new stuff.

sturdylad
    Free Member

Tidying through my desk drawer earlier this morning I found one of these, guessed it must have come with my Chi’Lights, gonna put it to the test myself in a minute but that video is proper scary…
    It will be going in the bin once I’ve had a look inside.

Thanks for posting.

DezB
    Free Member

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Am I missing something here (aside from it being a death trap, which it is!) Why would you need a UK to UK Adaptor? Or does the socket end take loads of different plug types?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

You could have this in the wall and basically fit anything into it. Whether you would or not is another question mind you but also the lack of any decent connection internally is cause for concern.

mrjmt
    Free Member

His pump didn’t have an earth connection anyway….

edit: finally got 4g to work to watch the full thing, yeah, the whole plugging the earth pin into live is a bit dodgy!

jekkyl

his voice is very soporific. bet he reads a great bedtime story.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I thought this was common knowledge? They don’t have the interlock between the earth and live/neutral pins.

I just use the 1A charger that came with one of my lights (no idea which one now but probably the smudge one). It’s probably about to burst into flames now I’ve said that.

Given the amount of crap I’ve got arround the house with euro plugs I’m tempted to get a euro extension lead anyway.

Dango
    Free Member

I gave up on chinese lights a few years ago. Now I find I have an adaptor that can be filed too

jpacey
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can get a safe charger for my dodgey Chinese lights?

Apologies if this was in the vid I didn’t watch it

Cheers

James

sturdylad
    Free Member

Had mine apart now and it isn’t as bad internally as the one in the video.
    I also found another adaptor and tried sticking the earth pin in the live and thankfully it’s not possible with a quality item.

DezB
    Free Member

Who would stick the bloody earth pin in the live anyway?? Fiddling around in the dark? With Chinese light chargers? Yeah right. Letting children play with Chinese light chargers?? Okey dokey.

steeble
    Free Member

Had one of these a few years ago. Stopped using it after it popped when I was charging a toothbrush

craig24
    Free Member

Where is a good place to buy a safe charger? I notice MTB Batteries sell one for £25, but also see Torchy sells a Fluxient one for £9, does anyone know if the Torchy one is fine?

DezB
    Free Member

Just get an adapter from Boots.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

his voice is very soporific. bet he reads a great bedtime story.

His brother Ralfy does whisky reviews and often goes off in tangents, very easy and entertaining to listen to.

craig24
    Free Member

Sorry I meant a charger not an adapter, like a solar storm battery pack charger

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘PSA Chinese light users.’ is closed to new replies.