Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA: Cheap tyres at On One
  • idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Loads of folding/TNT Geax (Vittoria) tyres going for £6 at On One at the moment. Bought a couple of Goma as they look very HR2/Butcher-alike.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/c/q/components/wheels/tyres-and-tubes?sort=disc-desc

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Good tyres the Gomas, light and fast rolling, but more like an Ardent in terms of grip.

mos

Wheel diameter would be a better filter option as opposed to gender though.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

True – should have said these are mostly 26″, sorry!

sputnik
    Free Member

The gender filter helps to avoid offending the lady buyers by showing them Maxxis tyres.

amedias
    Free Member

ta, just ordered some more stock of Barro and AKA’s as the Geax/Vittoria TNT stuff is really good IMO, casing is a nice mix of tough and light (enough), the Barro is pretty good grip wise and the AKA is a relatively good replacement for Maxxis Larsens which are my all-time favourite fast rear tyre.

binners

Cheers! A couple of Barros ordered for the frightfully unfashionably wheel-sized hardtail 😀

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Got a shedfull of these, although have yet to figure out quite why I ordered the whitewall saguaros, you can’t go wrong for the money Just a shame they’re out of the good daturas

spawnofyorkshire

Cheers! A couple of Barros ordered for the frightfully unfashionably wheel-sized hardtail

Worst tyres I’ve ever used on wet gritstone, fupping lethal… have fun Binners 🙂

alibongo001

If you are local, they have some 23 and 25c road tyres on offer for £5 each too.

Gatorskins IIRC

flyingmonkeycorps

spawnofyorkshire – Member
    Cheers! A couple of Barros ordered for the frightfully unfashionably wheel-sized hardtail
    Worst tyres I’ve ever used on wet gritstone, fupping lethal… have fun Binners

Ditto! Had one on the back for about a week, terrifying.

binners

If they’re crap they’ll be added to ‘the pile’ in the shed. Does anyone on here not have a tyre pile?

Everything is just an axle deep bog round us at the moment anyway. How are they in bogs?

amedias
    Free Member

Worst tyres I’ve ever used on wet gritstone, fupping lethal

Very very good in softer loamy soil though, and great on dry rock*.

You’ll never get a tyre that works brilliantly everywhere 😉

* I rode on some of that, once, in 2008…

jonjonjon3
    Free Member

Which ones are the most like Rocket Rons?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

If you’ve got the 2.3’s they’re a softer compound (but they’re nowhere near 2.3) and run in th traction direction they’ve been fine on wet south lakes slate.

spawnofyorkshire

If they’re crap they’ll be added to ‘the pile’ in the shed. Does anyone on here not have a tyre pile?

Everything is just an axle deep bog round us at the moment anyway. How are they in bogs?

My tyre pile has been reduced after moving house, but still quite impressive. The Barro’s didn’t even make it onto the pile though. I threw them away in disgust!
    They do look like they could be ok in boggy stuff though

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member
    finbar
    Free Member

Been meaning to order some Gomas for months, but thought I better get it done in case they sell out now. 2.4″ for the front, brap!

bigjim

Goma is excellent in the dry but lethal on wet rock for some reason

chillidave
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me BigJim, that Goma seems very skittish on manicured trail centre surfaces. I’m a huge fan of the Saguaro, fast and grippy, I combine it with a Mezcal on the back of the XC hardtail.

Very good tyres for though and the standard ones work tubeless well, though a bit of a pig to get to seat on the rim the first time.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Cheap tyres at On One’ is closed to new replies.