Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA: Cheap tool chests at Halfrauds
  • winston_dog
    Free Member

Just got myself one of these for £50 5 drawer tool chest

There is also a slightly larger one for £60 6 drawer tool chest

Look like pretty good value to me.

br
    Free Member

Have you actually ‘touched’ it, or just bought it online?

As it looks like mine, and while nothing wrong with it, its a £50-60 item really.

organic355
    Free Member

report back once you get it, I think I need something like this, my bike toolbox is overflowing, so its either a new box or something like this and this allows room for more tools, and for them to be hidden from the wife/snuck in without her noticing.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I’ve had one of their six drawer chests for about a year now. Its good and does exactly what you would expect it to which is hold tools.

Having it has certainly helped clear up my randomly spread about the garage tools.

Quite a handly little cupboard underneath for stashing spare components.

trail_rat
    Free Member

its alot smaller than you expect

i went in – looked at it and decided that the 5 drawer ball bearing unit next toor was much better bet.

unfortunantly they have put its price up to 249.99 but are including the 6 drawer chest for the top priced at 149.99 FOC with it – thats a real bargain …..

youd end up with a matching set up like that. where as the one linked above is barely the height of the red bit and is no where near as deep 🙁

Scamper
    Free Member

Got the 6 draw one. Perfectly happy with it with a reasonable selection of draw sizes. I’m sure there are better quality items out there, but its just some where to stash tools for someone who tinkers a bit.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Got the 6 draw one. Perfectly happy with it with a reasonable selection of draw sizes. I’m sure there are better quality items out there, but its just some where to stash tools for someone who tinkers a bit. “

– this …. im not knocking the toolchest im just saying its not as much of a bargain as it first looks – it does look a sizable item and really it isnt !

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Machine mart are doing another 20% off, vat free week currently. Probably worth a look

trail_rat
    Free Member

In store only monkey ? Im looking for a 3 or 4 drawer mid section for above to get the rest of my tools off the floor. Machine mart have em and if they were vat free i could buy now 😉

Aristotle
    Free Member

The Halfords tool chests are very flexible, thin gauge steel.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes poorly made but they do the job and worth the special prices but no where near worth the RRP
    had mine about 5 years ish and whilst no use for the professional it is perfectly fine for my needs and has not broken.

JonBurns
    Free Member

Is the Machine Mart promo in all stores at the moment? Can you just pitch up and get the discount or do you need a flyer?

Just wondering if the cabinet in the below link would be a good compromise between the £60 Halfords and £250 Halfords cabinets.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/ctc800-8-drawer-combi-chest-cabinet?da=1&TC=RV-070110801

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Sign up for the email and you’ll get a barcode. They just scan it at the till from your phone or enter the number online

coolhandluke
    Free Member

They are worth the sale price and drop to this price on a regular basis. Not worth their RRP though.

I got the one with doors at the bottom for £50 a few years ago. It’s great for £50.

takisawa2

I’ve a Kennedy one that’s been bashed around for many years now, don’t think it was much more than that. Bought through work though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Cheap tool chests at Halfrauds’ is closed to new replies.