Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • PSA cheap surface jackets @ evans 70% off
  • cloudnine
    Free Member
    cloudnine
    Free Member

Code 10SCL takes 10% off too

seadog101

Got me one! Now my 20year old Berghaus may be retired.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

They look awful!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

cloudnine, earlier

😀

soma_rich
    Free Member

Oh thanks been looking for a cheap pertex jacket I think it looks good.

cloudnine
    Free Member

😆

maccruiskeen

While buyers of surface stuff are looking – they’ve got the liquistrech shorts on at decent discount – available in ‘XL’ – the pair I own are marked 36″. Not sure if that translates as the same size and Surface’s website has closed so no sizing info available.

I remember having a bit of to and fro and returning shorts in the past as there were discrepancies between how the garment is labelled and the labelling on the packets with some of their stuff (and discrepancies in the labelling between their shorts and trousers.

Anyone know if an XL is 36?

EDIT – answered my own question – seemingly yes according to the guide I couldn’t see on the Evans site. Will order and expect a surprise when I open the packet 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Jesus. These with those cheap shorts from last week.

The pertex looks OK if abit jimmy saville in purple but the other tops look Ali G. Grim.

chip
    Free Member

Got me self an orange and brown hoodie, yeeeeaaaahh boooooouuuyyyy!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

That pertex jacket is priced about right. It’s an odd piece of kit. There is no elastic in the wrists, the neck is large yet not adjustable and the hand pockets have no zips and are mesh inside. Makes it not very good at anything. Bottom of the pack in case of a summer shower maybe.

Edit: actually, don’t get one.

hora
    Free Member

Its buying bargain for bargains sake which leads to clutter IMO.

Simon

Get a blue and red Windjammer and pretend you’re Akrigg….

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve owned one of each since last time they were massively discounted.. They’re pretty good for the price..

You have to be a bit of a dude to pull the look off, pretty much the opposite of hora

Andy

Cheers OP yellow commuter jacket ordered and bumped up to free postage with a Rapha t-shirt 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Not everyone can afford premium brand apparel..

Thought these were reasonable budget buys or backups for the cool mountain biking hipsters that everyone here is..

bigbloke
    Free Member

I have had the purple surface jkt for a couple of yrs. It’s a nice fit, looks good in the flesh and it packs down really small in the camelbak. Very useful piece of kit. Plus it’s not bloody black like 90% of uk mtb riders seem to knock about in.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Not everyone can afford premium brand apparel..

if you ever frequent hotukdeals you’ll see Hora has a point, so many deals have posts along the lines of “wow that’s cheap, Ive bought two. What is it and what does it do?”.

I’ve been guilty of snapping up unmissable bargains and then realising I dont need it- I currently have 2 pairs of Easton bars as “spares” (cos, hey I’m like always snapping bars 🙄 )

rOcKeTdOg
    Suggsey
    Free Member

Cheers for that, I rip jackets so often I like them this cheap and functional, no frills…..and purple matches two of my bikes in fat ba3tard size 😆

bigbloke
    Free Member

Hora!!! No….just No

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Yes please
    It matches my helmet!

FOG

I have a pair of the shorts in XL and am 36ish waist but they are way too big. I got them from sport pursuit so could only send them back with difficulty so I use a belt. I keep nagging her indoors to take them in because they are excellent shorts.

maccruiskeen

I have a pair of the shorts in XL and am 36ish waist but they are way too big.

What does it say inside the shorts though – in the past they were putting 36″ trousers in an XL bag but the shorts packed as XL were labelled as 38″ inside the garment

maccruiskeen

shorts packed as XL were labelled as 38″ inside the garment

Cock it. They still are.

Back they go

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I got them from sport pursuit so could only send them back with difficulty

?

You just send them back, like any other online retailer.

ElShalimo

Did anyone get a purple Pertex jacket?

chip
    Free Member

Did anyone get a purple Pertex jacket?

I think mowgli did.

themightymowgli – Member
    Yes please
    It matches my helmet!

ElShalimo

We need photos…..

daveh
    Free Member

Jesus. These with those cheap shorts from last week.

+1

😆

scruff
    Free Member

Wore my (red & blue) windjammer on this mornings commute, it was very subzero. Seems OK for the money & decent quality without being standard roadie cycling attire, I do like the big elastic sleeves- very good for keeping drafts out and the hood went under my helmet nicely and it doesn’t flap about. Colours nice and bright for safety without looking health & safety.

I have some lino at work and will be throwing down later.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Damn something else ordered that i dont need!!!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Yep I got the purple one delivered this morning…….and it will match two of my bikes and nothing else of my riding gear, bit at least it’s made of basic pertex so may last longer than the leightweight pertex stuff I’ve shredded of recent 😆
    And yes, it is as bright as the Evans picture 😆

rOcKeTdOg

we need pictures!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Suggsey
    Free Member

Suggsey
    Free Member

Suggsey
    Free Member
    Suggsey
    Free Member

Give up, it’s purple as a purple thing on a purple day! Fits fine though, Lycra bound cuffs, one zip on the front and small napoleons zip pocket. Ideal and very Enduro looking 😆

Suggsey
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘PSA cheap surface jackets @ evans 70% off’ is closed to new replies.