Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA cheap (£2) SS chains at CRC
  • clubber
    Free Member

Just spotted some cheap (£2) SS chains at CRC – thought it might be of interest to those running non-blinglespeeds.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/kmc-k415h-freestyle-extreme-chain/rp-prod106248

Clobber
    Free Member

Nice one! Ordered 2, hope they have enough links!

federalski
    Free Member

Couldn’t remember if I’d have to spend over £20 at crc for free postage but nice to see you don’t.

£2 posted. Lovely.
    Cheers.

cookeaa

3/16″ so slightly wider but should be fine on 1/8″ drives, but is there a joining link included?

Clobber
    Free Member

Normally is with KMC chains

cookeaa

Ordered five; winters coming, the SS and Fixie will be getting a beasting so I suppose they deserve a new chain each, plus a couple of spares.

They are bushed chains too, IIRC those meant to be more efficient but also more expensive to produce?

For a tenner it’s rude not to really…

cp

cheers, ordered a couple on the phone on their mobile site as the main desktop site is sloooooooow as usual.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

is there a joining link included?

No, assuming they’re like the one I bought you have to split and re-join the old fashinoned way, not a problem as they don’t get twisted on SS so can’t work loose.

cp

Oh dear, too good to be true 🙁

We are contacting you today in regards to your order CRCetc…
    Item KMC K415H Freestyle Extreme Chain Each is currently out of stock and due to a change in policy we can no longer hold this item on back order.
    We have cancelled this item from your order and a refund has now been processed to your original payment method.
    To receive an email advising that the item is back in stock, simply ‘Request a Stock Alert’. This option is beside the stock ID of the product on our website.
    When the stock is available, we will email a link to allow you to go directly to the product and place your order.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.

clubber
    Free Member

Ah well, sorry 😉

Clobber
    Free Member

cp – Member
    Oh dear, too good to be true

Nope mine arrived yesterday… postage must cost more than I paid!

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    is there a joining link included?
    No, assuming they’re like the one I bought you have to split and re-join the old fashinoned way, not a problem as they don’t get twisted on SS so can’t work loose.

Complete with joining links included!

Thank you CRC!

clubber
    Free Member

Ah, that makes me happier 🙂

cookeaa

Quick follow up:

My chains have arrived, I think CRC may well have lost some money on this sale, they are very chunky monkeys, five of them together weighed a good couple of kg in a jiffy bag and probably required an additional charge from RM over and above CRCs normal postage deal…

They look rather industrial / Motorcycle like TBH and the packet Blurb states they “should be used with heavy duty sprockets”
    A Joining link was included with each chain so happy days.

Christ knows how my chain tools going to cope with driving the pins out of these bad boys though…

Should last till about the end of time I reckon.

Cheers for the PSA OP…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA cheap (£2) SS chains at CRC’ is closed to new replies.