Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • PSA-cheap Sony Action cams at Argos
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Not cheap or small enough … Mobius is the way to go.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Anyone got some footage to share?
    What are they like in low light conditions?
    Might come in handy for those night rides where you stumble across a dogging spot..
    :mrgreen:

theraggyone
    Free Member
    kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Nice stack! Good to see the camera held up too!

Tracey

Picked one up yesterday for Abigale to take on her Alps adventure. Ordered the mount fron Ebay to use the Go Pro stuff but not sure the chest mount will fit. Need to get her a card for it. Whats the maximum it will take and where’s the best place to get them from.

m0rk
    Free Member

Mine takes a 32Gb, and I was lazy & bought it from Argos for £17 or so.

Decided not to look on ebay to see how cheaply it could have been bought!§

Tracey

Thanks will get one ordered

kimbers

Has this ship sailed, can’t find stock anywhere ?

aracer
    Free Member

I was surprised to find stock when I looked on Friday – no surprises that they’ve been snapped up.

RustyMac

I have been trying to find out the minimum requirements for the memory card.

Any one know what data speed requirements there are of the class 10 card?

Looking on 7dayshop I can get a sandisk 32gb 30MB/s card for £13.24 but the next speed up from that is the 80MB/s and that one is a whopping £31.99

The only pics I have seen have had the Sony M2 card rather than a micro SD and that was a 40MB/ card.

timmys

I was surprised to find stock when I looked on Friday – no surprises that they’ve been snapped up.

I’m not convinced they’re all been snapped up. They went from available in all 10 of the nearest Argos to me to zero availability. Seems more like a rethink by Argos.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’ve just searched all London stores, can’t find any. Anyone know of any stock?

aracer
    Free Member

Ah – that is possible I guess – exactly the same happened here. That or there’s something funny about the way they’re showing stock for this.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I rang the helpline.
    I think one in Pontadarwe? one in Stornoway and all of Ireland have stock.

Oh well…

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I just ordered mine off their website for delivery rather than a specific store.

Deveron53
    Free Member

It says none available for home delivery, collect in store only. Did you order yours last week?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I didn’t spot that part. I ordered it on Saturday. Initially I got a message saying I’d receive an order confirmation within 24hrs, which I did with an order conformation number. I selected delivery on Tuesday (it cost an extra £2.99) so I guess I’ll find out tomorrow if it arrives.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I think when they run out of stock at the warehouse, they don’t drag in branch stock, they just let it sell out, hence the stock being left in stores in the arse end of nowhere (no offence!). I have an AS15 already and have bought the new lightweight casing. Adapted it to take GoPro mounts etc and a custom modified chest harness. I just wanted the GPS feature of the AS30. I’m actually readying my AS15 for sale soon (any offers?). I want the AS100!

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Apparently some more in stock at the following locations.
    In stock in

Blackpool
    Workington
    Whitehaven
    Carlisle (Lowther St)
    Coventry (City Arcade)
    Keighley
    Burnley (Market Square)
    Leeds Headrow

Worth keeping an eye on thisthread on hotukdeals as stock seems to be coming in.

kimbers

Stock in a few stores in Bedfordshire now, my brother is collecting mine for me tomorrow 🙂

blu386
    Free Member

Picked one up from Hinckley on Saturday, shot this on Sunday
    cannock chase

devs
    Free Member

Good quality footage. Cannock looks like it sucks though. Needs a fat bike that does.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

@kimbers-glad to hear you’ve found one. They’re really good!

supertwisted
    Free Member

@Rusty-Mac – any Class 4 or above card will be fine, I’m using an old 32gb class 4 card in mine and it’s perfect.

kimbers

how much footage can u fit on the 32gb cards?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I only have an 8gb card and it reckons it can fit 1hr20 of 1080p @ 60fps. So 4-5 hrs at a guess on a 32gb card.

blu386
    Free Member

My 32gb says 4 hours 25 mins in 1080p or 11 hours in 720

scotroutes

That’s mine just arrived today. The Argos stock labels clearly says AS15 but it is, indeed, an AS30.

Touched it to my new (Sony) phone with NFC and it automatically downloaded the Android software. one password later and I have a remote view for the camera 🙂

grim168
    Free Member

I’m really impressed with the app.

freddiest

Bought one of these on Friday. Not sure if I’ll use it much though now. As it’s excluded from argos money back guarantee, I would sell if I can get my money back.

It’s been opened and tested indoors for 1 minute.

If anyone’s struggling to get hold of one, I’ll do it for £100 posted or £120 posted with a brand new 32gb sandisk ultra micro sd.

kimbers

Well got mine but no battery !

Did everyone else’s have the battery in the camera or was it separate in the box ? cheers

scotroutes

Separate – in the box

andyl
    Free Member

andyflaw – dropped you an email.

kimbers

Sighhhhh off to the Alps on Monday, don’t think I’ll have a chance to get to Argos,

Just seen replacements in PC world so had to order for pick up on Saturday!

hot_fiat

Are these now £99? Got them in the Blyth store.

cheviots
    Free Member

I have one reserved at the Howard St, Rotherham Argos held till 1800hrs tonight if anyone wants it?
    Res No 018709.

Tracey

How does the camera link to the phone when your out on the trail

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

It uses WiFi direct.

Tracey

Thanks. Does that mean I can use it abroad with the internet on my phone turned off or will I end up with a big bill.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Thanks. Does that mean I can use it abroad with the internet on my phone turned off or will I end up with a big bill.

I’m hoping I’m not missing irony here…

Wifi Direct disables normal wifi. Maybe take your sim card out when abroad because airplane mode disables all wifi.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘PSA-cheap Sony Action cams at Argos’ is closed to new replies.