Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA : cheap slx groupset at ribble.
  • dantsw13

Ribble cycles have some good prices on SLX Groupsets. If you add all the bits together, it adds up to £190 for a full slx groupset without brakes, including a cluth mech!!

Edit: the SLX cranks are sold out, so I got XT instead, making the price £230. Still good though!!

orena45
    dantsw13

Indeed, bu still happy with the price I or my groupset for, and the forced upgrade to xt cranks is no bad thing!!

walla24
    Free Member

I got a bit excited and ordered an extra set of the SLX cranks (one each of the double and triple)…happy to sell for what I paid.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

How much for the triple?

remoterob
    Free Member

Ribble still have SLX triples in stock….

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Just realised they are 175 only. I need 170.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Why do people get all specific about crank length? I’ve never noticed the difference and I am reasonably sensitive to cranks.

tonyg2003

XT 2×10 groupset at merlin for £199 at the moment?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

?? .. £199 ? … showing as £299 on my laptop ?

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’ve got a 170 left & a 175 right crank ,cos my right legs shorter !,makes a hell of a difference like you wouldn’t believe……especially on left handers ….not!.

dantsw13

I’m usually a Merlin man, but the SLX groupset is £239, only a triple, and only 11-34 cassette.

XT at Merlin is £299, but only for a 11-32 cassette. 11-34/36 is £319.

Ribble is the best price I’ve seen for a while, and I’ve been looking hard, including the German sites.

RustySpanner

I Ache:

Surely if you were reasonably sensitive to cranks, you’d be able to tell the difference?

Short legs here, makes a big difference to me!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m a midget and with 175 my legs ache, 170 they don’t. So that’s why I get fussy about crank length.

Manufactures must agree because most small builds come specced with 170mm cranks.

tonyg2003

Sorry £299 – reading off the phone 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA : cheap slx groupset at ribble.’ is closed to new replies.