Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • PSA; Cheap Shimano brakes and transmission
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Robowns I think youll need new inserts and olives which are a couple of quid each.

andyl
    Free Member

just got my SLX brakes and they are not fitted with the finned pads that I am sure the photo showed. No way to check though as they have removed the item from their website now. hmm

neiloxford
    Free Member

The SLX did not specify, but the XT did say so ordered XT. Just received the XT without the finned pads, feel like a bit of a mug right now. Still they were a bargain, so not like I will complain, just not impressed by Ribble.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Cheap shoes too!

New clipless stuff on its way!

Jamie
    Free Member

Still they were a bargain, so not like I will complain

You should complain.

andyl
    Free Member

so the XT didn’t come with them either? Did you get the spare olive and inert? By the time you add up the cost of a new olive/insert etc it makes the XT about the same price.

tbh I seriously doubt I need the finned pads but it’s just annoying to not get what you paid for. The picture on the ribble email shows the finned on both SLX and XT.

At least the rear hoses look longer than the front ones.

oh and I called them up to ask about it and didn’t exactly get an amazing response. I didn’t go demanding they put it right and giving the a chance to see if was just an error. I would have bought XT had I known but they are out of stock.

patriotpro
    Free Member

My SLX clutch mech and XT 11-36 arrived today, not surprisingly it’s oem gear and the cassette sprockets were rattling and loose so not packaged well.

Still, as long as it functions as it should, i’m a happy customer.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I didn’t expect anything other than oem really and that’s fine by me.

In terms of the brakes, my Merlin ones didn’t come with finned last time either.

Olives and inserts cost me about £6 so all in still far cheaper than XT.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Fitted, ridden, and very very happy with them 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘PSA; Cheap Shimano brakes and transmission’ is closed to new replies.