Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • PSA: Cheap Road Wheels Planet X – Miche Excite Clincher Wheelset – £24.99
  • Slogo
    Free Member

they were £25 what did you expect!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

they were £25 what did you expect!

some honesty in the description that they were incompatible with 99% of the cassettes on the market?

scandal42
    Free Member

some honesty in the description that they were incompatible with 99% of the cassettes on the market?

Don’t be so naive, everybody knows that if you spend £24.99 they are allowed to describe things incorrectly, it’s the way the world works.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lemonysam
    Free Member

Don’t be so naive, everybody knows that if you spend £24.99 they are allowed to describe things incorrectly, it’s the way the world works.

Utter bollocks. Hence why they’re legally obliged to describe things accurately.

vinnyeh

Utter bollocks. Hence why they’re legally obliged to describe things accurately.

Not strictly true. There’s different rules applying to distance selling.
    I’ve bought loads of stuff on the internet that I wouldn’t have if I’d seen it first.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’ve bought loads of stuff on the internet that I wouldn’t have if I’d seen it first.

If it didn’t match the description you were entitled to send it back.

scandal42
    Free Member

Christ, don’t wet the bed 🙄 I thought it would be sufficiently obvious to most that I was taking the piss.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

It’s just a wee bit shady that they tried to up the price to other buyers before sending out. The fact they didn’t realise they weren’t compatible with shimano cassettes doesn’t fill you with confidence. I mean I can’t really moan as I did receive the wheels at the price advertised but I’m in no rush to go and buy a compatible cassette for them.

Speshpaul

“they were £25 what did you expect! “

goods as advertised, but i was trying to buy off planetx -i mean what was i thinking?

sq225917
    Free Member

I’ll check tomorrow but I think it’s more of a case of there being a mixed batch of freehubs on these rather than all being Miche.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

sq225917 did you get an answer on the freehubs?

I’m struggling to find a compatible cassette that’ll fit on the spline.

sq225917
    Free Member

I haven’t got an answer yet though I did ask midweek, let me chase it up again tomorrow and pin someone down on it.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

FYI Halfords have ordered me the correct cassette from ChickenCycles. Good Ol’ Halfords 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Cheap Road Wheels Planet X – Miche Excite Clincher Wheelset – £24.99’ is closed to new replies.