Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA – Cheap Reverb?
  • walla24
    Free Member

do you know if this is 2012 version? tempted

Conan257
    Free Member

No bleed kit, might account for the price…

smogmonster

You can get a bleed kit off ebay for £15. Makes it a ruddy bargain.

wisepranker
    Free Member
    DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just got mine for £170 from Germany with bleed kit etc.

walla24
    Free Member

linky please wonder boy?

Any tall ppl- is 125mm enough drop???

Yetiman
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 2” and I find 125mm is more than enough, even when it gets really steep and rocky. I’m running my Reverbs on a 160mm large full suss and an 18” 150mm travel hard tail.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Sorry, £178 according to my paypal account when it was converted. From hibike.com. Ordered Thursday, despatched Friday.

walla24
    Free Member

thanks mate, good find

bigyinn
    Free Member

Merlin excludes the bleed kit too.

Northwind

The bleed kit is the same as the Avid brake kit, isn’t it?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The bleed kit is the same as the Avid brake kit, isn’t it?

Certainly looks like it from both I have. Although DOT brake fluid & suspension oil probably don’t mix very well?!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Certainly looks like it from both I have. Although DOT brake fluid & suspension oil probably don’t mix very well?!

+1

I flush mine out with washing up liquid/water after using it, leave it to dry, then fill and empty into the waste with whatever I’m using to be sure.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Is the stated 420mm length the full length of the post or the length from min insert line to saddle rails?

would someone with on mind measuring from the min insert line to the rails for me please 🙂

cheers

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

couldashouldawoulda showed me where to get mine in this link from last week: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rock-shox-reverbs-talk-to-me-about-options-etc

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

The Merlin one says this

Standard bar mount (Not MMX but will fit direct mount with the additional bracket not supplied)

What’s the difference between Standard and MMX bar mounts?

Northwind

MMX = MatchMaker, er, X. Integrates with some Avid brakes and SRAM shifters…

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Ah, obvious now. So, that model might fit with an old rear x9 shifter if I mount it right side, but unlikely to matchmake with an x0 front shifter on the left!

Sorry to hi-jake, but what do folk think about mounting a right hand remote upside down on the left to avoid crash damage?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Sorry to hi-jake, but what do folk think about mounting a right hand remote upside down on the left to avoid crash damage?

Pretty much standard practice. It works better upside down as your thumb is that side of the bars already.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Another very slight hijack –

Does anyone have any experience of what happens when your French/ German bought Reverb packs in and needs warranty replacement?
    I’m really tempted by one of these – I’d be happy to do routine maintenance myself, but if it all goes tits up (perhaps not entirely unlikely) I don’t want to be caught out. Should I bother with a cheaper Euro one or would I be better off paying a bit more to get one from Merlin.

Apologies if this has already been done to death…

Merci.

DickBarton

You send it back to Fishers as Rock Shox has a worldwide warranty and it will get warrantied through Fishers…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Cheap Reverb?’ is closed to new replies.