Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Psa cheap helmets from most specialized shops
  • orangeboy
    Free Member

Seems from
    Tomorrow there is a stunning deal from specialized on sworks and s3 helmets starting

You need to trade in an old helmet and get a s3 for 60 reduced from 110 or a sworks privale reduced from 160 to 85

Just got a shiny new silver one a little ahead of time lol

tonyd

Any more details? How long is it on for and can you just walk into any Specialized shop/reseller?

Where’d you hear this from? I’ve a 6 year old lid that I’ve been meaning to replace for some time.

bommer
    Free Member

1st June is the official launch. It’s Prevail, S3 and S3 Ladies, most stores are getting a bundle of different sizes and colours, with the emphasis on medium and large.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Opps seems i got my days a little mixed up , but still a stunning offer

tonyd

Yes, fantastic offer. The prevail looks like a very nice lid too.

bommer
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s concept stores only, or elite stores too. The idea is, you walk in with your old lid, but fabby S3/Prevail and leave your old lid to be disposed of. The helmet stock is dispatched to dealers as a discounted bundle, so the lids are all brand new from Spesh and there’s no sending it off faffery like with the crash replacement.

Tl:Dr
    Ask your local dealer, if they’re not doing it, your local concept store will be.

jonkineticcycles
    Free Member

Every dealer has access to it afaik, but not all have taken it up as it means buying a pack of 30 three figure helmets essentially (we’re doing it however). Sizes and colours are strictly limited and once they’re gone, they’re gone. Just bring in any old shitter and walk out with an S3 or Prevail – easy!

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

I was in sKenes earlier in Cardiff cracking deal, good shop too

Gary_M
    Free Member

Does it have to be a specialized helmet you trade in?

jonkineticcycles
    Free Member

No, any make or model, can be a 10 quid sports direct special if ya like

brakes
    Free Member

shame, I’ve got three helmets under 2 years old, two of them less than 6 months old. I’d have bought a Prevail other than this and the fact that I have a Propero that is virtually the same.

I’d suggest trying them on – the S3 and Prevail are quite different shapes, both in terms of fit and the shell.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got a giro exodus and switchblade not doing much. Wonder if Evans are joining in. There’s one near work.

neilnevill
    Free Member

So any old helmet is okay? doesn’t have to be an old spesh? [pootles off of to aldi/tk maxx/poundland]

cookeaa

Hmmm got a dented Giro transfer in the garage I won’t be wearing again, would that do?

Does it have to be a spesh store? (Newbury for me) or would an Evans do (Reading, closer)?

cr500dom
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads-up, looks like Cycles uk are participating 😀

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

In reality I expect most dealers would be happy for you not to bring an old helmet in . Specialized don’t want them and the dealer will throw them straight in the bin , although it was said that some dealers were giving them to charity which seems to be a spectacularly bad idea IMO .

DT78
    Free Member

hmmmm that is interesting, any one tried Hargroves? kind of wished I’d kept my smashed up hex

orangeboy
    Free Member

Would be surprised if most Spesh dealers are not doing it , won’t just be the big chains

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Is the S3 the roadie version only or do they have the MTB version with the peak as well?

househusband

Hmm… food for thought. Wonder if any Scottish Specialized dealers are doing this.

steve_b77
    Free Member

They’re both roadie helmets, but fine for MTB

onewheelgood

@biscuit, I think all S3s have the peak. It’s easily on and offable. I’m a bit gutted because I bought one for £110 a month ago.

DT78
    Free Member

Do you have to go in store for the offer or is there anyway to do online?

Think I’ll be popping down to my local store tomorrow, just bet they won’t have the size/colour I want.

triple_s
    Bregante

Nope. Looks like all spesh dealers should be doing it

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/news/88/trade-in-your-old-bike-helmets

househusband

Wonder if Evans will be doing it…

orangeboy
    Free Member

It’s not just concept stores or big chains , any Spesh dealer was able to sign up to it and I would imagine most did
    Only 30 lids per sign up though as was said above

DT78
    Free Member

Just piCked up a shiny new prevail from my local hargroves. Very pleased. Thank you!

househusband

Result! Prevail for £85 – in the colour I wanted too!

Thanks for the post, orangeboy.

mulacs

Do either of them come with peaks? Thanks!

lune
    Free Member

S3 comes with detachable peak, Prevail doesn’t.
    Popped into store today and got me an S3, cheers for PSA:-)

househusband

Just wondering if this was a way for Specialized to shift some stock of helmets..? My £85 S-Works Prevail was made in October 2010 – not that the design has changed in the meantime, nor am I complaining!

lune
    Free Member

Nov 2011 for mine, like u say couldn’t give a hoot:-)

crazy-legs

I got a shiny new S3 today from the Specialized Concept Store in Chester. Traded in an ancient Specialized lid I had lying around.

All very quick and easy, great service from the staff in the shop.

They had quite a few bits of clothing on sale too, loads of tops in particular.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Psa cheap helmets from most specialized shops’ is closed to new replies.