• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jes.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA: Cheap Dremel on Amazon
  • CHB

Amazon have the 10.8V cordless Dremel for £47 instead of £99 at the moment. Cheapest I have ever seen them! Mine arrived today and it is noticeably more powerful than my 7.2v version. Buy quick as the deal was on over the weekend, so could end soon. A check on camelcamelcamel shows this is the cheapest they have ever been by some margin.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0040GJ41G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You need to change the vendor to Amazon.

nickjb
    Free Member

Not in stock. Says due in on the 30th but I’d be a bit sceptical. Great tool and would be fantastic at that price though.

njee20
    Free Member

£95.49 now?

CHB

If you look at the vendors, there is still an Amazon option for £47. It’s out of stock right now, but they will honour the price when the stock arrives (which in my experience of Amazon is pretty soon).

myti
    Free Member

Thanks! Was looking to buy a dremel soon so have ordered it. So can you now tell me all the cool things you can do with this. I just wanted something for sharpening blades so have no clue what else you can use this gadget for.

CHB

To be honest myti, this is not the best thing for sharpening blades on anything you want to be properly sharp. The contact area is small, so it’s hard to get an even edge. It’s brilliant for sharpening hoes, lawnmower blades or getting a rough edge on stuff, but I would never use it to sharpen a proper knife. Dremels are great for many other things where you need to grind or cut. This dremel comes with the quick click mandrel and two cutting discs.

myti
    Free Member

It’s for mower/hedge cutter blade not knives I wanted it and general diy

myti
    Free Member

What sort of thing would you cut with it out of interest. Feel some diy coming on this Christmas 😀

Vortexracing

cheers, just ordered. Free delivery as well 🙂

Christmas pressie to myself (from the kids) 😉

nickjb
    Free Member

Loads of uses when you get going. Great for cutting slots into rounded or paint filled screws. Handy for removing padlocks should the need arise. Polishing, shaping and sharpening. Being cordless is a big plus too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Dremel.

The one tool that does loads of jobs. Pretty badly.

I’ve yet to find something it’s better at than the right tool.

I have somehow ended up with 2 and I’ve never bought one and I can’t think of an occasion i used them

Die grinder is far better and it has a shaft size that means I don’t have I use the expensive toy sized bits.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Cheers, just ordered. Thanks for the psa

jes
    Free Member

Thanks ordered, foo barred my original one a few months back and couldn’t justify a replacement.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Cheap Dremel on Amazon’ is closed to new replies.