Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA Cheap but good LED GU10 replacements at Screwfix
  • servo
    Free Member

http://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-gu10-led-lamps-281lm-4-2w-pack-of-6/9674d

Finally got round to replacing my 50W GU10 halogens in my kitchen with LEDs.
    Tried the odd LED replacement over the years but either buzzed or weren’t as bright as I expected.

Saw the 6 pack in Screwfix for £19.99 so thought it was worth a go. Very impressed. Very good light. 3 year warranty as well.

If you have been dithering like me, I think it’s time to visit the future 🙂

hot_fiat

Awesome. Need some of these for the man-cave

dst
    Free Member

I fitted these last week replaced 30 in my house. Box of 10 was £35 IIRC

Really pleased with them

ransos
    Free Member

I fitted these a while back but took them out again – the beam angle was too narrow, leaving parts of the room in shadow. They’re good for task lighting in the kitchen if you have plenty of fittings.

Gunz
    Free Member

Excuse my ignorance but do these just directly replace the halogens or would I need to muck around with transformers etc?

easygirl

Direct replacement

cb

unless you using dimmer i think?

Stoner
    Free Member

Cheers servo, I needed a stack of bulbs to fill the gap where some crap 1st gen Chinese units have all failed. Fortunately I actually prefer tighter beam angles.

cooie

Do they come on bright instantly?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Yes, LEDs are instant light.

I’ve got some of these too, just installed in our bathroom. Really good. I also like the Diall ones at B&Q.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA Cheap but good LED GU10 replacements at Screwfix’ is closed to new replies.