• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA – cheap and light bikepacking airbed thingy…
  • DrP

Here – £27 posted!

Mine just arrived today – It’s almost incomprehensibly small compared to my usual airbed (Alpkit self inflating one). This is about the size of a 500ml coke bottle when packed!

Just blew it up and laid on it in the living room – seems comfy enough!

With this, I should be able to get the bed and tarp in the frame bag, and just have the sleeping bag on the bars!

DrP

richpips
    Free Member

That’s pretty light for a full length mat.

peterfile
    Free Member

I’m confused by this:

Season rating: 3-4
    Tog Value: 1.6
    Temperature range: +55 degrees Celsius to -15 degrees Celsius

1 tog = 0.57R (i think), so 1.6 tog is 0.9R, which is WAY too low for winter camping.

Based on the weight, price and R value, it would seem that this has no insulation in it at all, so beware, you’ll need to use it in conjunction with another mat for chilly camping.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    doom_mountain

I agree, I have a similar ‘blow-up’ mat made by Multimat, dead light and comfortable but very little insulation.
    Has been great for spring/ summer, back to the trusty Thermarest for winter.

Although a friend suggested a foam roll mat to increase insulation, still light but getting bulkier..?

Stoner
    Free Member

was tempted but some useful real life reviews here means its a no from me

http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/forum/gear/karrimor-x-lite-inflatable-air-mattress/53423.html

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

1 tog = 0.57R (i think), so 1.6 tog is 0.9R, which is WAY too low for winter camping.

Based on the weight, price and R value, it would seem that this has no insulation in it at all, so beware, you’ll need to use it in conjunction with another mat for chilly camping.
    That’s right, no insulation at all … so certainly not a winter / colder months mat.

peterfile
    Free Member

That’s right, no insulation at all … so certainly not a winter / colder months mat.

Great product spec from Karrimor then! 3-4 season and good to -15! 🙂

DrP

Oh…

Well, I’ll see how it holds up anyway.
    If it really does leak, then I’ll send it straight back.

It is pretty thin (hence light) – really this was to kit me out for a Wessex Way attempt in the summer, but will see how it holds up as I’m heading out friday night….

DrP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA – cheap and light bikepacking airbed thingy…’ is closed to new replies.