Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 125 total)
  • PSA charge spoon + grips for a tenner
  • cp

Offering me a pound has just got my back up with them.

You’re getting wound up at being given free money??! Weird.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Mines in transit

D0NK

You’re getting wound up at being given free money??! Weird.

not free money tho is it? A voucher wont buy him a bag of haribo to cheer him up.

Dunno, like he said a flat cancellation would be less annoying, offering compo suggests they think they are in the wrong but the derisory amount shows they don’t actually care that much….but we’re probably over thinking this, first world problems and all that

im just a bit miffed I missed this deal 🙁

Northwind

Mine is cancelled too. Ah well, no loss.

tomtomthepipersson

One of mine arrived – not sure where the other one’s got to.

I’ll be livid if they offer me a quid for running out of stock. 😯

bigjim

mine just landed on my desk. I only wanted the haribo really but the saddle looks nice and been meaning to try some half lock on grips for ages, so win win!

ads678

Mines just arrived, saddle looks nice, grips not as orange as I thought they’d be, but that’s probably not a bad thing. And you can fit a pair of Lake MX102’s in the bag, bonus 😀

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Mine is here, as said grips not as orange as hope for but for a tenner who cares

chakaping
    Free Member

Got mine, thanks OP – you are a gent.

Almost as pleased with the snazzy shoebag as the saddle and grips.

🙂

stanfree
    Free Member

Mine arrived today , Saddle great , bag great , haribo great but not sure about the two yellow sex toys that came with them.

Great PSA though.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Mine arrived today, Saddle looks good, grips are ok as emergency spares. No haribo though.

Thanks to the OP.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Arrived! Very tidy little offer!

scotroutes

FWIW, the grips are actually very good. I have the Lime Green ones on the El Mariachi and they are very comfy.

theflatboy
    Free Member

weeksy – Member

bikerdan – Member
    Just had an email from Wiggle to say they have cancelled my order. They must have been swamped with orders

Me too… which is quite frankly very very poor.

IF the stock system shows 5 in stock… there’s 5 in stock… what a bloody rubbish system that doesn’t show live updates.

oh big boo hoo 😆

plyphon
    Free Member

IF the stock system shows 5 in stock… there’s 5 in stock… what a bloody rubbish system that doesn’t show live updates.

Believe it or not an online shop is still run by people.

The systems are automated with stock to a degree, but a sale has to go through stock allocation (that piece of stock against that customer), credit control (taking the details you’ve input on the web and assuring the money has been taken), warehouse (Finding the goods), and shipping (packing and loading the goods).

Unfortunately in these stages are humans, which work quite a bit slower than computers. A piece of stock might not be shown as “sold” until the item passes credit check in their accounts, and at the rate at which these were sold a number of order could be submitted in that time whilst it still shows stock on the website.

Whilst a lot of online shops run a very well oiled, tight operation – there are still humans and a warehouse behind the pretty website.

dougieb
    Free Member

As thought, mine has been cancelled as well with an apology and £1 voucher. No big deal as didn’t really need it but couldn’t resist at that price. Some you win some you lose.

slowjo
    Free Member

Mine arrived yesterday. As said elsewhere…one for the spares bin.

kimbers

arrived today impressed my 1st spoon, seems nice n light

i carefully unpicked the stitching dividing the bag into 2 sections and have stashed all my gloves in there so they dont go a wandering

sgn23
    Free Member

Mine was cancelled too.
    Plyphon, accurate stock control is possible with well designed and managed IT systems, which can take account of the human factor.

Spin
    Free Member

Me too… which is quite frankly very very poor.

Dry yer eyes.

tonyd

Mine arrived today, good work OP! I unpicked the stitching on the bag too, something for the kids to play with.

No Haribo though, think I might send a letter of complaint.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Thanks OP, turned up today 8)

Spin
    Free Member

No Haribo though, think I might send a letter of complaint

I got 2 bags in mine.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Anyone’s not arrived? No cancellation email and I was in on the deal early.

bruneep

got mine x 2 😆

and Haribo x 2 😉

stimpy
    Free Member

Got mine too. Cheers OP!

Oh, and Haribo as well 🙂

Northwind

I used my pound to buy 1/11th of a Hope axle i needed. I am mollified 😉

nickjb
    Free Member

£25 in the classifieds now. That’s inflation for you.

curlie467
    Free Member

Yes I had noticed, not a bad profit!

andymc06
    Free Member

Nothing like STW community spirit………………..

Drac

Before you grab your pitchforks do you have evidence the accused bought his during the offer?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Lol I thought the same

chakaping
    Free Member

Before you grab your pitchforks do you have evidence the accused bought his during the offer?

Nobody said he did.

*innocentface*

julianwilson
    Free Member

surely there is no other excuse for having parted with money for those terrible terrible grips. You’d have to pay me to put them on a bike. 😉

Liftman

All that is missing is the bag, maybe that’s coming later

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Any idea if he is including haribo? for £25 that could be a deal breaker

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Funny how this is mentioned but all the chain rings that have turned up after the Ribble sale aren’t mentioned.

It is it ok to sell it in bits?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I didn’t think there was any “spirit” left in the classifieds anymore anyway, there must be loads of examples of people treating it like ebay without the fees, whilst I looked for the saddle a small power tool caught my eye & I thought I could do with one of them, so I checked the online prices & found one cheaper without trying to hard.
    I think human nature has changed a bit of late.

Cheers.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think human nature has changed a bit of late.

That’s the one thing I think we can rule out.

😉

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

It was great back in the old days. Around 2006-2008 it was like ‘mates-helping-out-mates’. Ahhhhhh…. *sigh*.

Once I missed out on a pair of Pace forks in the classifieds that sold for £20. I posted a ‘WTD’ ad for exactly the same thing, same price. 1 hour later an STWer turned up at my door on an MTB with said forks.

But with anything, once it gets bigger, the trust and camaraderie break down.

Now STW is The Biggest Mountain Bike Website In The World ™, it’s gone something like how Glastonbury after they built the infamous ring of steel and hired security guards to beat people up… 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘PSA charge spoon + grips for a tenner’ is closed to new replies.