Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PSA: Camelbak Lobo's £29.99
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Decathlon, . . fill yer boots . .

MrTall
    Free Member

Popped up there tonight for a few bits and bobs and they had loads of them.

Good deal as they’re £50-£60 on Merlin & CRC. Happy days.

Bolt

Which store?
    Website is crap!

spacemonkey

Surely not this one because it hardly works.

Konastoner
    Free Member

Here –

Lobo at £29.99

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I don’t know about online but by local Edinburgh had these 2 weeks back. The bladder looked great (a big improvement on my old mule one) – but the straps / harness looked flimsy / cheap to me. I decided to pass but if I was after a new style bladder its probably a bargain.

Thanks for posting btw – worth highlighting for those in the market.

MrTall
    Free Member

That link seems to show the older design, the one i picked up tonight in Brum was the newer version as seen on CRC at £60. With the new antidote 3L bladder.

ti456neal
    Free Member

Are there any stores on the south coast? Southampton/Portsmouth/Brighton area.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

£49.99 now on the web link now

Oh well, I don’t really need a new one anyway

🙁

weirdnumber
    Free Member

The Decathlon in stockport has about 30 of these on display still priced at £29.99 and they are the 2012 design with the new reservoir.

coynie09
    Free Member

Still priced at £29.99 on the web page ordered one last week came in two days £33.00 still cheeper than Merlin & CRC 😛

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

3l of water and a total capacity of 3.25l? I cary more than 0.25l of stuff in my pockets! Or is that 3+3.25l? Still, seems very small for any ride where you’re going to need 3l of water? Even in Spain I rarely filled my 3l bladder more than 2/3rds full.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

It is a very small pack, i sold mine on. Their own trail running backpacks are pretty good if you need more space, just don’t have all the dividers you get with the camelback
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/trail-10-l-rucksack-id_8090165.html
    The outer zip pocket will fit a helmet too.

davosaurusrex

The ones in the link are the older ones with the Omega reservoirs. 2011 on have the new Antidote reservoirs which is what I want, I really struggle to get the Omega one in my HAWG undone with my dodgy wrists.

Mr Tall, was yours £30 and did they have many black ones left? Working in coventry so could nip over and get one….

Coynie09, is the one you got mail order the newer design?

coynie09
    Free Member

It’s the new design 2012 black) Same as CRC £58.99 & Merlin £55.96
    Includes the new 100 oz (3 L) Antidote reservoir with Quick Link™ System, 1/4 turn – easy open/close cap, lightweight fillport, dryer arms, center baffling and low-profile design, patented Big Bite™ Valve, HydroGuard™ technology, 4mm insulated PureFlow™ tube, easy-to-clean wide-mouth opening.

davosaurusrex

Cheers coynie, all the cool features that will make your life complete!

Found out for myself as I just took a 50 mile round trip and bought three as a couple of mates wanted one, now I’ll have two camelbak buddies, yay! (To go with my DX jawbones buddy, green Endura softshell buddy and DW 5 spot buddy, sigh, life is hard).

weirdnumber
    Free Member

It is very small, which is part of the reason I bought one. I still managed to get the essentials in; pump, spare tube, tyre levers, puncture kit, multi tool, couple of spare chain links, led flashers, windproof jacket, spare base layer/storage for a layer if I get hot, couple of gels, couple of chocolate bars (boost/starbar), bag of dried fruit, bag of jelly babies, bank card, £10 note, mobile phone, keys.

I seem to drink a lot when I’m out on the bike and 2L was never enough. I always took another 750ml bottle with me anyway.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Oh yeah, the Decathlon in Stockport also had a couple of Camelbak Mules for £49.99 which seems a reasonable price as well.

They only had the black ones in stock though.

davosaurusrex

Couple of black Mules in Brum too. Was tempted but got a Hawg already so abit pointless for me, good deal for someone though

thehustler
    Free Member

own brand pack

They do this at the same £29.99, I have a different colour one which is 4-5 years old now, had to change the bladder but the pack is still gr8

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That decathlon one looks good, one of the things i hate about my lezyne is by the time you’ve put a waterproof/softshell in the big pocket it becomes really tall and all the heavy tools etc live in the organizer right at the back. I’d actualy rather one big pocket then stuff some bags inside it, at leas then you can at a glance grab the bag with the first aid, or tools, or food, tools, parts, etc, and re pack with the heavy stuff at the bottom. Got a Berghaus one that’s similar but heavy so a bit unwieldy for cycling.

nick1962
    Free Member

+1 for those Decathlon own brand packs and they come in 3 sizes too.Bladder valve on mine wasn’t great though and dripped a bit but you can easily swap them over to a Camelback if you prefer.

simmy
    Free Member

Just been Bolton and they have none in stock.

Been on decathlon website and reserved one in Stockport for £29.99 so just need to pick it up tonight.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Camelbak Lobo's £29.99’ is closed to new replies.