• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • PSA: Blakes Wood, Danbury – potential issues
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Found this over the weekend on bike radar, which was posted very recently

….Any way the point of the this to alert you to maybe some up and coming problems with Danbury. Just before xmas I was stopped by the warden in Blake’s wood, luckily I got there just before 10 of my mates turned up. It turns out that a nearby resident is threatening to sue the Trust because they are allowing mountain biking in the area. Apparently this guy had been nearly mown down by a large group of bikers and they had been very abusive, also this had been on a Thursday which is why the warden was on the lookout for us. I explained we had never run into anyone let alone give them a mouthful. The warden was very nice about it and I got the impresion he thought the guy who had complained was a bit of a moaner. Anyway we’ve tried to avoid the area for a few rides especially when it’s very wet. I get the gist from this forum that everyone is pretty friendly to each other ( I dog walk too) The guy who complained said there were 20 to 30 riders in the group, which seems very unlikely although at night I must admit with all the lights it does look a bigger group. Ok I’ve run on a bit but if everyone could spread the word, it may save problems in the future.

Linky to post

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Blakes Wood, Danbury – potential issues’ is closed to new replies.