Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • PSA : Bikepacking – Columbia Moonstone 32 800 fill bag, bargain!
  • somafunk

Columbia Moonstone 32 800 fill sleeping bag bargain here on sportpursuit for £119 , i checked the specs against the usual PHD/Alpkit/Rab similar specced bags and the Columbia comes out very favourably and at less than 50% of the cost of the others, the reviews i’ve found online all sing it’s praises so i’ve ordered one….no more freezing my nutz off in the winter with my Rab Quantum 200 😀

youtube/comparison/size reveiew here

ElShalimo

It might be a great bag but a word of warning :
    Most US sleeping bags use the US down fill power rating system so a 800 rated US bag = 700 EU rated bag

somafunk

Yeah i know there is a difference in the fill power ratings but i checked out the ENT rating instead as i feel that is a more reliable benchmark of warmth, it’s rated down to -2 for a comfortable nights sleep for a 60kg man, i’m 65kg, 5ft 6″ and sleep warm to very warm so it’ll be ideal for my body type, packs down small and perfectly suitable for my winter trips, i’ve a good quality silk liner and merino longs to use if the temps drop still further, the equivalent PHdesigns Minum400 bag was near enough the £300 mark.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘PSA : Bikepacking – Columbia Moonstone 32 800 fill bag, bargain!’ is closed to new replies.