Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • PSA. Bikepackers, Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35 £62.50
  • kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Half price at blacks plus 15% extra with code NEW15

Bargain!

boblo
    Free Member

Ta. Ordered plus Quidco don’t forget.

Bin looking for one of those cheeeep to replace my 1982 Karrimor Mountain Fox…. Thrifty? Moi? 😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

“Bin looking for one of those cheeeep to replace my 1982 Karrimor Mountain Fox…. Thrifty? Moi? “

This year’s honorary Scot award goes to….

anotherstan
    Free Member

Anyone else being given the run around trying to order from Blacks?
    I’ve put my address in 4 times!
    I give up.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Considered it but its half a pound heavier than my Venom 300 so I’ll stick with the old bag! Thanks though.

postierich
    Free Member

Ordered 53 quid not bad picked up from store thanks for the PSA

boblo
    Free Member

Not too bothered about weight/bulk as It’ll be my car camping/hut bag. Down for carrying, synthetic for dossing 😉

AlexSimon

Great PSA – I already had one (and love it), so ordered the warmer version to go with it. Also half price:
    http://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/125014-mountain-hardwear-lamina-20-sleeping-bag-left-hand-zip.html

(don’t like the colour though)

Need one for my son, but he’s already taller than me at 14, so I think I’ll have to wait for a Long version to come down in price a bit.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Mine has been despatched! Hoping to use it to good effect next weekend on my first “bike packing” trip out to the Howgills. How small do they pack down?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

As above- any real world pics of how they pack down?

montgomery
    Free Member

Not hugely compactable – this is the Lamina 20 and a fleecy liner in the saddlebag here:

Good sleeping bags, though, I like mine and am considering the Lamina 0 as a full on winter bag.

AlexSimon

I think they pack down amazingly for a synthetic.
    Fits in a 6L dry bag. Smaller if it’s a compression sack.
    I can get my Lamina 35, a Hunka and a thin Thermarest all into my Wildcat Lion handlebar harness

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Thanks. Got the Lamina 20 in the same deal, will use for general camping .

scotroutes

I have a 35 and a 0. For synthetic bags, they are remarkably light and compact.

anotherstan
    Free Member

finally cracked it.

like scotroutes, I already have a zero, but find myself using the naff vango unit as I’m pretty much always last to bed in the campervan so the wife’s usually snoring her head off in my bag by the time I get in 🙄

noltae
    Free Member

1.07 KG – I wouldn’t go that heavy for bike backing …

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’ve saved a lot of weight with the rest of my kit, and for the cost the weight is fine. Can’t afford a PHD minim at the moment!

noltae
    Free Member

€159 will get you the excellent Cumulus Quilt 150 which is under 500g and is 870 cuin & Pertex Quantum .. You won’t find better for the money ..

AlexSimon

noltae – Member

€159 will get you the excellent Cumulus Quilt 150 which is under 500g and is 870 cuin & Pertex Quantum .. You won’t find better for the money .. It looks good but it’s still double the money and not synthetic.

STATO
    Free Member

It’s also a quilt, which I’m sure is great for some people but not for everyone.

dsb181
    Free Member

I had a hugemongus old Coleman sleeping bag that I’ve been lugging round with me on tours for the last few years.
    Rating of 10+ comfort and a weight of 1.5kg it’s not ideal.

I’ve just taken a pop and ordered a RAB Neutrino 200 + silk liner (links below)
    I chose the bag as it’s incredibly lightweight and temperature rage is there or there about what I’d need.
    Colder and I can wear more layers, I think the liner will help a bit too. Plus it comes with a compression dry sack and cotton airing sack. –675g–

The site is very similar to Blacks, lots of other sleeping bags are on sale but this is the one that was most suited to my needs.

Use the code CA15 before the end of the day and get 15% off.

liner
    bag

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Oops, just ordered one of those too. And a new sleeping mat…

noltae
    Free Member

yep the Quantum 200 looks ace .. Good choice ..

AlexSimon

Interesting link that – like a clone of the Blacks site but afaict more brands

dhrider
    Free Member

scroll to the bottom of the page, same parent company as Blacks / Millets.

Clobber
    Free Member

any of these bags that fit grown adults? i.e. 6’2″ and broad shouldered…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Blacks, Millets, Tiso and Ultimate Outdoor all owned by JD Group.

Fun fact, who in turn are 57% owned by The Pentland Group who own Berghaus.

honourablegeorge

Sport Pursuit have the same bag

big_n_daft
    Free Member

any of these bags that fit grown adults? i.e. 6’2″ and broad shouldered…

Not the regular lamina 35

AlexSimon

honourablegeorge – Member

Sport Pursuit have the same bag Their site makes it very difficult to look (was hoping for a right-hand zip), but I found the Lamina 45 for £5X (although you’d have to be a pretty warm sleeper!)

HansRey

OP, and others who’ve got a mountain hardware bag, is it long enough for somebody who is 188cm tall?

csb

I have a Cotopaxi regular and I think you’d just about be ok on length but unless you’re a rake might struggle on shoulder room.

AlexSimon

I haven’t received mine yet – anyone else still waiting?
    They’ve even sent out the ‘How did we do’ email 🙁

big_n_daft
    Free Member

OP, and others who’ve got a mountain hardware bag, is it long enough for somebody who is 188cm tall?

IMHO no

boblo
    Free Member

I picked mine up at the local Millets a few days ago.

Cougar

Just went to buy this, looks all sold out now.

They were there yesterday. Arse.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Mine is unopened and surplus to requirements……..email in profile

AlexSimon

I have looked into your query and I can see that Hermes were responsible of delivering your order. It seems as though this order has been lost in transit.

I have filled in a form on your behalf, I will pass this information on to the relevant department who will carry out an investigation, please be advised this can take up to 14 working days.

Once the investigation is done you will receive a full refund, please be advised it can take 3 to 5 working days for the funds to show in your account.

You may place this order again using our website or by calling our customer care team on 0161 393 7059.

Winner. I’m guessing that I’ll never see one of these then.

csb

I ordered a 35 and a 20 regular with right zip. but the 20 I received was a left zip long. Quite like the extra girth so kept it, took the 35 back to the Bristol shop, so should be on the shelf.

scotroutes

Showing in stock again

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘PSA. Bikepackers, Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35 £62.50’ is closed to new replies.