Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • PSA – Bikehut 50p for seatpost/bars/stem! wtf!
  • peterfile
    Free Member

Yes I know it’s from Halfords, but 50p each for a seatpost, bars or stem?? It’s got to be worth that!

The link won’t copy and paste- got to Halfords website, select bike parts, select Bikhut as the brand and then order by price 🙂

Seatpost

I’ve got a layback thomson on my new bike and wanted to try with an inline – just ordered one of the bikehut seatposts, seems a pretty cheap way to try it out.

sssimon
    Free Member

cheers, bits for baby seat bike sorted!

woody2000
    thestabiliser
    Free Member

Bits i don’t need bought for no good reason…….ACE!

nbt

I don’t need any of those things but I WANT TO BUY THEM ANYWAY

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Well that was expensive, started looking at 50p seatposts and ended up buying a new radio for the van 😆

glupton1976
    Free Member

Site is down now….

binners

Cheers for that

I was thinking of trying some lower rise bars. As that experiment will now cost 50p, I’ve reserved a set to pick up on the way home 😀

alaslas
    Free Member

I assume that was a pricing error, if the site’s now ‘undergoing maintenance’?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Site is back up now and the prices are still the same.

MrTall
    Free Member

DOH!

Just reserved 2 stems and 2 handlebars (for a mate) and just realised in my haste that the stem is 25.4.

At least the bars should be ok. It’ll cost me more in petrol to drive the 7 mile round trip to collect them than to pay for them!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Double DOH!

LapSteel
    Free Member

They appear to sold out now….around Lancashire and Cheshire…..Looking for a seatpost as well…bugger!

alaslas
    Free Member

They are, practically, giving them away! Missed the bars in Sheffield, but a post and stem for £1, even if the stem doesn’t fit, bargain.

officialtob
    Free Member

I don’t need any of those things but I WANT TO BUY THEM ANYWAY

+1

I’m going to buy one of each anyway… 😆

aracer
    Free Member

I tried when this first came up as it would always be handy to have another 27.2 post, but no stock of the seatpost here.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Anyone actually picked them up yet?

bigsurfer
    Free Member

I ordered the seat post, stem and handlebars from the Exeter branch and they rang me to say that they only had stock of the handlebars but still for 50p I will go and collect it when I finish work.

lunge

Post and bars ordered here. I need neither.

brakes
    Free Member

bits for baby seat bike sorted!

snap!
    I’ve ordered a stem for the baby bike.
    two sets of bars as ‘spares’.
    will pick up on way home tonight.

just need them to do 50p chains, cassettes and mechs and it will be complete.

MrTall
    Free Member

Like bigsurfer i had the same call. The bars are waiting to be picked up in the next hour. Worked out well seeing as i didn’t want the 25.4 stems.

I don’t need them and won’t use them as they’re too narrow for me but they’ll go into the spares bin for the sake of £1 and probably end up on a mates bike at some stage. Ditto with a post if they have any when i turn up.

kayak23

Bars too narrow, stem too long, and no posts in my local branch.
    Thankyou for excellent PSA but I’m out.

mattk
    Free Member

Brilliant PSA!

Bits all reserved, I’ll nip out at lunch and pick them up. Not bad for the price of a greggs steak bake!

cb

Just picked up my bars and post from Congleton. They will go in the boot on trips away in case of breakage! Always end up breaking something…

brakes
    Free Member

what’s the rise like?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

CAnt find anystock exept west wales 🙁

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Reserved bar and stem at my local shop, went to collect and they had bars but no stem. They’re getting the cleaner from the other Halfords in town to bring a stem over to my local one to collect tomorrow – now that’s good service.

dukeduvet

This would be great as I want to try an inline post on my Cotic Soul but none in stock near me, unless I do a 60 mile round trip!

justatheory
    Free Member

I’m getting a seatpost just for holding my road bike in the stand. Cheers for the heads up.

MrTall
    Free Member

Just picked up 2 bars and felt almost rude handing over £1 for them both!

Rise is 22mm according to the packaging.

Wish all spares could be picked up so cheaply.

Cheers for the PSA OP. Although it’s your fault i had a McDonalds for lunch instead of a healthier ham roll if i’d stayed local…….

righog
    Free Member

Just picked mine up need to travel a bit further for the post. They phoned to say that one of the bars was cut, but I thought for 50p.

Great PSA 😀

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Is it wrong to be a bit over excited about getting one over on Halfords??

brakes
    Free Member

they can’t find the ones I reserved in the Mile End store 🙁
    will try another store

brakes
    Free Member

for those of you who’ve picked them up, are they labelled up in store as being 50p, or is this an online reserve deal only?

sugdenr
    Free Member

Ordered the 2 bars and 1 post in stock. Ordered some shorts too..

righob – cb, before I bother whats the bar weight like?

righog
    Free Member

[/quote]brakes – Member
    for those of you who’ve picked them up, are they labelled up in store as being 50p, or is this an online reserve deal only?

Think it must be a reserve only deal as they are marked at £12, the guy in halfords took the price from a computer printout of my order.

righog
    Free Member

sugdenr – Member
    Ordered the 2 bars and 1 post in stock. Ordered some shorts too..

righob – cb, before I bother whats the bar weight like?

look like decent enough bars. A bit narrow ( 680mm) but good for a
    towpath bike.

rossi46
    Free Member

Ive had Bikehut carbon risers on both my bikes for a couple of years now.

Only cost me £30! Theyve done Welsh trail centres, penshurst dual course, ive ridden off northshore style structures- theyve been fine.

Bikehut is better than you’d think 😉

Edit- pricewise, sometimes they sell off old stock real cheap. I know i used to work for them 😀
    Ive seen some real bargains- if you see them get them before theyre gone.

ndthornton
    Free Member

This is still overpriced for bikehut rubbish
    Im holding out for 20p – then trade in as scrap

gonzy
    Free Member

none in stock at any store in the north manchester region…..i’m not bloody driving all the way to ormskirk for a 50pence seatpost!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Bikehut 50p for seatpost/bars/stem! wtf!’ is closed to new replies.