Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA: Bike Shop Break-In In Durham – watch out for stolen bikes
  • chipps

Hi
    Just passing on the news that Infinity Cycles outside Durham were broken into last night. Four masked guys broke in through the wall from next door and got away with approx £70k worth of top end Cube and Scott mountain bikes, hardtail and full suss.

Some of the bikes taken were Scott carbon scale rc, 29er, genius 30, spark 30, scale 30, genius LT and Cube AMS, HPC Pro, Sting HPC, Stereo Pro.

It was obviously a very well planned robbery as they broke into the upstairs of the store, via a double brick wall from the empty unit next door avoiding alarms and covering CCTV. They got away with about 35 bikes all Scott or Cube MTBs right across the range from aluminium hardtails to top end carbon full suss. The bikes could be miles away by now, but if you could watch out for dodgy offers on any of these it would be fantastic. Contact Nev Martin on 07939441067.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Seems like an awful lot of effort for not that great an individual reward, if you consider that the bikes will probbly only fetch what, £10k max or so really, on the black market. So that’s what, a couple of grand each? Not bad for a night’s work I spose, but considering the planning and effort involved, and the possible legal consequences if caught, I’m quite surprised ‘organised’ criminals would go to such lengths. Bikes, unlike say posh watches or something, are difficult to store in such numbers, and relatively hard to shift. Not likely to be a quick turnover.

Proper kick in the guts for the shop though. Even if the insurance coughs up, they’ll still feel a huge hit.

Good thing no-one was hurt though.

postierich
    Free Member

Will be in a container now @ Teeside docks!!!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Along with the stuff that was raided from Bike Scene in Guisborough the other week no doubt. Sh!tbags.

sharki
    Free Member

Pink Panther strikes again.

All joking aside, shite to hear and rubbish for all concerned.

Woody
    Free Member

That really is a bag of shit. They have/had some lovely bikes in there. I only found it a couple of weeks ago as it is tucked away on an industrial estate, so no surprise no-one saw or heard it. How do they know they were masked?

Elf – £10k + is a lot of money for a nights work around here, even when split.

Will keep my ears/eyes open but as ^^ I can’t imagine they are going to be flogged off locally

bruneep

the possible legal consequences if caught

I think that the theft of “push bikes” isn’t taken as serious as it could be the legal system.

Had someone broken into a bank/shop and stole £70k cash, the end legal result would be different.

dickydutch

Lets hope they catch them. Brilliant shop run by top guys. Excellent coffee as well. Kick in the balls for them as it’s not long since they moved to that property.

sing1etrack

Along with the stuff that was raided from Bike Scene in Guisborough the other week no doubt. Sh!tbags

The Bike Scene raid was at the other end of the spectrum to this – i.e. hopelessly planned, they only got about three bikes and were caught riding round on them about half an hour later. Not the smartest of criminals. Made a right mess of the shop by parking a Peugeot 406 in the middle of it though.

And it’s Teesside by the way.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Have passed this on to the local Nissan factory. Many sourced the C2W stuff through them. (I think he used to work there.)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Bike Shop Break-In In Durham – watch out for stolen bikes’ is closed to new replies.