• This topic has 37 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by xcgb.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • PSA: Berghaus Paclite jacket for £43 – Great for biking
  • Wharfedale
    Free Member

Just ordered mine, should get it tomorrow 8)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1741301

Cheers Stuart

grumm
    Free Member

Nice one – just ordered!

By the way, it seems you can get another 8% off through using a site called topcashback – not used it before but I’ve used quidco which is similar and it works. You have to wait a while to get the cashback though.

deft
    Free Member

Good shout! Ordered

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm awaiting stock for my L Eclipse colour one – hope they do deliver!

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

that Green is manky! it’s also a little chavtastic for my liking too.

grumm
    Free Member

Agree about the green, but why is it chavtastic? Not niche enough for you? 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

My paclite jacket was very light, but it always looked crumpled and was very prone to tearing – however they may have improved the material now.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Its got a roll-away hood for a start! that shouts of “dog walker/Chav/walking to School”. It’s only saving grace was it being made out of Paclite but now thats 2 years out of date due to Proshell.

niche Grumm? nah, just $hit.

grumm
    Free Member

You sound like a right snobby ****. 😐

Oh and please tell me where I can get a pro shell jacket for £40? Ta

theflatboy
    Free Member

Its got a roll-away hood for a start

you don’t know much about lightweight waterproofs, do you?

grumm
    Free Member

Bet drinkmoreport is one of the type who wears a Changabang jacket to walk to the shops, just so no-one mistakes him for a ‘chav’.

deft
    Free Member

D’oh, they’ve charged me the full £72 whack! Careful!

theflatboy
    Free Member

did you read the whole bit about using the £30 discount code as well?

lowey

I’ve got one of these and they are ACE.

grumm
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these and they are ACE.

Chav!

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Some people spout some crap, paclite is a current fabric/product. Proshell is much better but you find one for £40.

http://www.berghaus.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1898&Gear=2

Jacket life is actually extended by cleaning with goretex, use of nikwax/grangers treatments are a must. Storing long term in the stuff sack is not advised.

deft
    Free Member

Check your bank account if you’ve ordered one, they took the full £72 from mine even though they accepted the order at £42. They were nice enough on the phone and cancelled it but it sounds like the code has some other criteria that aren’t being copied along with the code itself

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Deft – Login to your account and look at “Transaction History” they charge you £69 then credit back £30. Unless you didn’t use the £30 off code.

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm mine is showing at £72.95 too – I have a screen grab of the confirmation screen where it was £42.95 – nothing gone through on my account yet but then it says they are waiting for stock so maybe they will charge me when they send it.

deft
    Free Member

Ok it does show that they’re charging the full amount then refunding the £30, but that seems pretty fishy to me, they said over the phone the code shouldn’t be used

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

hoods that pack away tend more often than not to be poor. The peak will be practicaly useless. Its a town jacket, no better than to be worn down the pub, simple. lightweight it is not.

Yeah Grumm, i have a Changabang to go get the milk/paper, proper nice too.

I want a Titanium frame, but i wouldn’t buy a Alu one just because it was reduced to clear?

Hope you like it and it gives you many years plesure.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, I’ve orederd one… We’ll see about the price

IanMunro
    Free Member

Me too. I’m sure gopping green will grow on me 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL!

Snap…
    For that price anyway, eh?
    😉

monkeychild
    Free Member

Ordered a smashing green one 🙂 It will do for commuting in.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Green jacket arrived it’s not a bad colour. Perfect for biking!

Got charged like this on my CC:-

09/06 10/06 ADDITIONS 69.00
    09/06 10/06 ADDITIONS 3.95
    09/06 10/06 ADDITIONS -30.00

Hope you guys that ordered are pleased with yours.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Just ordered mine. Cheers for the tip off. Had to go green to get the right size but in this pic on the Berghaus site it looks a whole lot less nasty:

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Its a pretty good colour tbh quite bright, not old man green but not too bright. On my laptop screen it’s almost the same colour as the Single track green headers to the right of this message “buy stuff” etc

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mine arrived on Saturday and I have to say it’s a very tidy bit of kit. Good fit, seems very well made and packs down fairly small too. Exactly what I needed, so many thanks to Mr Wharfdale for the top tip off!
    I think the green is actually very nice as well, but then I don’t like black clothes in general
    🙂

I was also charged full whack then refunded, but if you read the confirmation emai it’s all explained on there

matthew_h
    Free Member

Delivery of mine was attempted on Friday but I missed it so I’ll have to try to get it redelivered this week. Sounds good though.

grumm
    Free Member

Just got mine, seems very nice. Mine is dark blue btw not black. I’ve got a Montane Featherlight which will do for most rides but for longer rides in worse weather this will be ideal.

Nice one Wharfedale.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Got mine today and I does like the green colour (wish I had a Genesis flyer to match it with 😆 ) Good shout that man!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Just collected mine from the depot. Great coat and the fit is spot on. The colour is decidedly bearable too. Perfect.

Cheers Wharfedale, nice one

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Best PSA ever?

I think so!
    😀

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Glad your pleased with them guys….lets just hope we don’t need them for another 4-5 months 😆

snowslave

perhaps there should be a special green jacket parade now?

cynic-al
    Free Member

one here too

xcgb
    Free Member

I got one of these,a month ago using the above voucher code I now have a letter from Addittons asking me to phone about my account! I guess they have realised what's happened with the vouchers

Anyone else got a letter?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Berghaus Paclite jacket for £43 – Great for biking’ is closed to new replies.