Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 183 total)
  • PSA – Bell stoker helmets in Halfords for £20.00
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

valleydaddy
    Free Member

cheers OP reserved one for pick up tomorrow to put in stock

bellys
    Free Member

Reddish stockport have still got large and med in. Mine was £17. Thanks op

RDL-82
    Free Member

A fair few are now showing up on eBay by the looks of things, opportunists likely, is it even worth the effort for a few extra quid?!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I have a large, tried it on in the shop, thought it fitted pretty well. Got it home and have decided that it’s too big. Anyone want it for the price I paid plus whatever it takes to post?

cliffyc
    Free Member

Saved £20 Yay!,you guessed it none at my local branch!. Hey Ho! 😕 (wanmankylung would take yours though,if ya stiil got it?) 🙂

benp1

Anyone mounted a light to theirs yet?

My old helmet mount doesn’t work on this new helmet as the vents are different. Think i’ll end up modifying a twofish lockblock

robhughes
    Free Member

Great PSA.Just picked one up for £17 from edge lane in liverpool. 😀
    They still have a few left in medium and large if anyone want’s one.

cynic-al
    Free Member

If any Burghers want one, my GF is picking one up for me from Braehead.

I’m happy to ask her to get you one too. email me!

cynic-al
    Free Member

That’s M BTW, there are 2 Ls in Seafield

zippykona

When I look on line it says £49. Am I doing something wrong?

h1jjy
    Free Member

Online it still shows as the current price.
    But when scared in store it shows £20 (that’s what people are saying)

Just reserved mine. Will pick it up later on this week

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I picked one up in Dundee today for £17.

Proper bargain!

Even matches my matt green Kona JTS 😉

Thanks OP 🙂

robhughes
    Free Member

Anyone sussed out how to access the 3 height settings.Got me beat.

Dogsby

Rob,

The harness is attached to the helmet by a couple of press studs at the back. I just pulled it off and then moved it up or down. It was a bit of a pull but it worked.

Dogsby

robhughes
    Free Member

Thought it was there but didn’t want to bust it before iv’e even used it.
    Thanks Dogsby.. 😀

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Reserved online very helpful chap deleted that off their system and allowed me to buy at the bargain price of £17 from the Swansea branch left a medium there I should’ve bought that too cheers OP

stanfree
    Free Member

I got one in Straighton in Edinburgh for £18 (£20 less Bc discount), very happy with It indeed. Thanks for the PSA.

steve_b77
    Free Member

£17 in Aintree just now, 2 large and a medium left

Wally

Ace fit, one medium less in Halfords, goes well with my Belkin kit and Whyte M109….it’s been a busy month.

harrytoo
    Free Member

Was just thinking the other day that my 15 year old Giro that I use for nightride duties is probably past its best before date….

For £17 can’t go wrong, bloke in the shop did a double take as he rang it through the till.

Excellent PSA, thanks.

RustyNissanPrairie

Anyone sussed out how to access the 3 height settings.Got me beat.

The harness is attached to the helmet by a couple of press studs at the back. I just pulled it off and then moved it up or down. It was a bit of a pull but it worked.

Altered mine tonight – fits a lot better. There’s a hole either way to fit the press studs into.

Have owned a Giro Feature for a year and never knew about this- have altered it as well tonight.

ransos
    Free Member

Thanks OP! I bought the very last one in the south Bristol branch for £17.

Rich_s

Last medium just gone in aintree – one large bell on display. Couldn’t get them to go to 17 quid, but v helpful and slightly amazed staff!

thegreatape
    Free Member

benp1 – Member
    Anyone mounted a light to theirs yet?

My old helmet mount doesn’t work on this new helmet as the vents are different. Think i’ll end up modifying a twofish lockblock

Does anyone yet have an answer to this most excellent question?

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Rich_s You’re right about the look of surprise with the Aintree staff.This morning I got the last in medium :lol:…

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

and I just got the last med from edge lane Liverpool 🙂 £17 bargain

fudge9202
    Free Member

Even better bargain than all of you, reserved a medium, went to collect it and they had sold the medium- bummer. Went back to get a medium they had sourced from another branch and they handed it to me free of charge with sincere apologies for the mix up! Well done Halfords!

pedlad

Brilliant psa. Got one last Friday to replace a disintegrating on one helmet (pads). It’s what gear should cost….the antithesis of all those daft prices in Friday treats….

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

The thing is,so many of us have bought them it’s turned into the STW head wear of choice! Every time you see someone else out on the trail it’ll be ‘hello which one on the forum are you’ 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I went in there the other day looking for tyres and found a Catlike Leaf for £17! Given I’d just lost my Giro Xen it was a no brainer.

Better than the Xen too – more adjustments and more comfy.

mav12
    Free Member

large here frome edge lane reserved online £17 picked up. and 5 inner tubes £10 as well

benp1

On the mounting light front, I’ve found a twofish lockblock works fairly well (although i’m using a copy for this)

It needs the top and bottom straps to be perpendicular to each other

I’ve cut off part of one side, so on the bottom one bit is full length and the other is shorter. This mounts with the full length bit inside the top vent, and the shorter bit on the helmet itself. Velcro strap goes through both vents to strap it to the helmet

Not as low profile as my last mount, but seems to work fine

Superficial
    Free Member

I got a Catlike Leaf for £20 too. Went looking for the Bell but found it to be a bit mushroom-like on my massive head. Very happy with the Catlike in a similarly-lurid green.

Harry_the_Spider

Still one left at Middlebrook. Will somebody not give it a home?

Bregante

White City still have large and medium in stock. I saved an extra £20!
    (Tried one this afternoon but it felt very uncomfortable so didn’t bother.)

binners

I wouldn’t worry mate. Next Mondays Pub Ride……

Bregante

Speaking of which, when is hora joining us?

harrytoo
    Free Member

Dilemma time…..

When I got home I openned the box and found that tucked behind the helmet there was another item, not placed in there by myself I hasten to add, with a ticket price of £15.

Now do I be the responsible stw citizen, acknowledge that I have got a bloody good deal on the helmet (that I am chuffed with) and hand it back to Halfords, or do I go back in and try and get a refund / credit note for the “gift”. It is something I will never have any use for so no point keeping hold of it.

What would you do STW?

thegreatape
    Free Member

You are related to postierich. £5 por favor.

Email them. You can be honest, they’ll probably tell you to keep it. Then you can dispose of as you see fit.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Bell stoker helmets in Halfords for £20.00’ is closed to new replies.