• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA BBC4 Jim Clark Documentary
  • athgray
    Free Member

Some great racing on show.

slowoldman

My childhood hero. An absolute genius.

scotroutes

The first “celebrity death” I can remember. Even as a child I was shocked and saddened.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thekingisdead
    Free Member

One of the Greats.

slowoldman

I didn’t have an easter egg the year he died. I asked for a photo frame so I could have a picture of him in my bedroom. It took me very many years to get over the idea that even heroes can be killed.

athgray
    Free Member

Jim Clark was before my time, however Senna was my sporting hero when I was young. It was truly saddening to see the death someone like that.

Watching in car footage of Clarke (at Snetterton I think) shows how big drivers balls must have been then.

Pook

just watched that. Incredible.

JCL
    Free Member

F1 rapper Hamilton could learn a thing or two from that guy.

He was the best ever I think.

Pook

Why so down on Hamo? He’s a racer through and through.

doh
    Free Member

I had never heard of the guy until i moved to the borders, I pass the museum regularly with always the thought to go next time.

jools182
    Free Member

Jim Clarke was before my time too, but it’s that era of racing that gives me goosebumps

Hamilton does do well, but he does grate rather with his gold and fake accent

JCL
    Free Member

Pook, I agree Hamilton is a bloody good driver. He’s just a right tool out of the car through.

He thinks he’s Kanye West. I can’t see past that as I couldn’t see past Senna’s religious BS and spoilt brat attitude.

Jimmy was the man, in the car and out of it. No ego or BS, just faster than everyone in any car.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@pook it’s a different era now, Hamilton is a product of the F1 of the modern era, too much image and carefully crafted media exposure.

kcal

see also Jackie Stewart (thankfully still with us) for guys that went out in nothing much more than motorised bath tubs, Stewart esp. has such a positive attitude (at least as far as I can tell)..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA BBC4 Jim Clark Documentary’ is closed to new replies.