Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • PSA – BBC2 now, Stewart Lee’s Comedy Vehicle
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Heard about this on R4 the other day. First few minutes very good indeed!

chakaping
    Free Member

Not trying to be negative, but am I the only one who finds that man unbearably smug and not at all funny?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Chris Moyle’s is getting a good review 🙂

Nick

you’ve seen them, the rap singers on the top of the pops, you’ve seen them on there, in the shopping centre etc zzzzzzzzzzzz

djglover
    Free Member

no, very unimpressed so far. he could just about get away with the stand up act in headliners at chiswick but its really not for tv.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

To be fair, it started well….am losing interest now…!

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm

Milkie
    Free Member

Wow! I could be a comedian. I’m more funny than this guy, using celeb auto biographies just seems very poor.

miketually
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty good. Not hilarious, but ok.

Jamie
    Free Member

chakaping:

Not trying to be negative, but am I the only one who finds that man unbearably smug and not at all funny?

Yup.

grumm
    Free Member

It was pretty average – the ‘rap singer’ bit was pretty poor, and reading funny bits out of crap celeb biographies does seem a pretty cheap way to get laughs. He does have good delivery though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d heard about it on R4 the other day too Flash (must have caught the same trailer – those endless R4 trailers…grrr) and was beginning to get disappointed I’d missed it – sounds like I didn’t miss much?

kevonakona
    Free Member

I saw him in edinburgh a couple of years ago and he was quite funny but this was rubbish. I wanted it to be good but switched over after 3 hours of “rappers”.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

5 mins of funny stuff, padded out with 20 odd minutes of waffle

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

I was expecting more as he was half of “This morning with Richard and not Judy”

Not the cutting, scalple like satire and bile I was hoping for. R4 comedy bit was about right!

“Ah, a battle of wits and I see you are unarmed”

SSP

DezB
    Free Member

I liked it.
    Yeah the rappers bit didn’t really work, but the rest was good.

“..pictures of a man. In different hats”

Comedy though eh, either it makes you laugh, or it doesn’t. Not enough of it on TV as far as I’m concerned.

grumm
    Free Member

The R4 comedy bit sounded to me like an impression of Andy Parsons.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘PSA – BBC2 now, Stewart Lee’s Comedy Vehicle’ is closed to new replies.