Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • PSA: BBC2 9pm; Louis Theroux: America's Most Hated Family…
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Hey … what’s my thread? I was just going to have a fag.

😆

user-removed
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Watched it this evening too. Tbh, I found any of their logic and rationale just plain difficult to understand.

It’s illogical. It’s faith based. You cannot argue with someone who is utterly, blindy in thrall to a set of beliefs which puts them at odds with the rest of the race.

The most telling parts of that documentary were those in which members of the public enter into angry dialogue with the family. They invariably lose and walk off, red faced and frustrated. Our belief system ( I mean most ordinary STWers / humans, if such a group exists) relies on logic and hopefully a sense of fair play. Logic is an unmoveable object. Faith is an unstoppable force. Louis is a mere catalyst.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Logic is an unmoveable object.

Hmm. Complete the sequence: “2, 4, 6, 8…”

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s illogical. It’s faith based.

I didn’t watch the show, but I would suggest that it often IS entirely logical. However that logic is often circular and derived from certain initial assertions that are impossible to disprove.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just reading back.. I’m sure I have seen a Theroux where he does get pretty annoyed at someone, but I forget which one. It was quite moving, but it wasn’t a patch on that BBC political guy going apesh*t, which was absolutely incredible.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

No you don’t. You just accept what he said.

I’ve never met the fellow.

So, basically, he’s a liar.

You were at a forum ride at Holmbury Hill one time. I know you were there cos I later recognised you from a pic you posted on here. We’d actually stood just a couple of metres from each other.

Then I unreservedly retract my accusation.

I’m a little puzzled, however, why it was that after I announced myself and fell into a conversation with bullheart about his cancer before helping to organise the ride, you didn’t make it plain who YOU were, so I could meet your need of hearing from my own mouth, the words that you now, post-ride, are demanding?

Sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread and all that.

JonR
    Free Member

Hmm. Complete the sequence: “2, 4, 6, 8…”

Motorway?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Or it could be “10”, or “who do we appreciate”.

Depends on which logic you use…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Hmm. Complete the sequence: “2, 4, 6, 8.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

depressing to see these people teaching so much hatred to those children and how the power of a cult can make people reject members of their own family.

IMHO anything that tells you what to think without question is a watered down version of this, pretty much like all religion.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘PSA: BBC2 9pm; Louis Theroux: America's Most Hated Family…’ is closed to new replies.