Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA Bargin bike cleaning muc off rip off!
  • postierich
    Free Member

£1 for a litre from…. you guessed it Poundland 😀

Dont blame me if it strips your bike paint/anodizing

P4170603 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

P4170604 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

LoCo
    Free Member

😯

damo2576
    Free Member

Too much surfactant in there.

Is there a manufacturer noted on the packaging?

Speshpaul

does it work?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I used to use the fenwicks stuff (£10/litre, diluted 10:1), that was untill it dissolved through the plastic bottle, then through the masonry paint!

BoardinBob

If it’s the stuff I bought from poundland, don’t use it near your brakes. Leaves a waxy deposit on everything, including brake discs

allthepies
    Free Member

“no more dirty bike” cos it’s just dissolved 🙂

ads678

I’ve been using one of those for a while now, it gets the bike clean and i’m not dead yet!!

postierich
    Free Member

Will only be using it on my drivetrain!

Not used yet as the monthly bike wash is 2 weeks away

brakes
    Free Member

I’d only use that on my drivetrain

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Whats this washing of bikes people speak of? Isn’t that what the rain is for?

bongo136
    Free Member

I used some of this, t’was awful. I’ll stick to using sh1t shifter diluted 50/50

marsdenman
    Free Member

Not seen it in our local PS for a while now – thought they’d stopped doing it….
    I use it like washing up liquid – very dilute in hot water and a soft hand brush – gets into most nooks and crannies…. and makes it an even cheaper deal 🙂 (i’ve been in Yorkshire 10+ years now – it’s taking over me!)
    Only time I use that kind of stuff neat is on areas that cannot be easily reached – the insides of the ‘spider’ on the rear cog-thingy, for example 🙂 Twas red anodised, it remains red anodised…..

DezB
    Free Member

I used to use the fenwicks stuff (£10/litre, diluted 10:1), that was untill it dissolved through the plastic bottle, then through the masonry paint!

Been using Fenwicks for years and its never done that. Bottle in my garage must be over a year old.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+1 got a 5L bottle if the fenwicks concentrate, had it 18 months maybe? No problems with it, gets used on motorbike as well as mtbs, very good at shifting bug splats!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA Bargin bike cleaning muc off rip off!’ is closed to new replies.