Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • PSA: Bargain YETI on ebay, just listed
  • tomhoward

Old diamondback/raleigh/claud butler/barracuda? The top model in a toss budget range of bikes I reckon, then upgraded over time

The BS is strong with this one. Wonder what model of Specialized it is?

julianwilson
    Free Member

I’ve never seen a shock quite like that. I am thinking unsuccessful euro-brand-lost-its-way from about 2001.

DezB
    Free Member

Saw that listed yesterday as a fake Yeti, listing said someone had gone to a lot of trouble to make a Decathlon look like a Yeti.
    Was gonna post a thread but could’t be bothered.

tomhoward

I’m sure I’ve seen a frame like that before. It’ll really bug me now! To Google!

DezB
    Free Member

tom, don’t bother with Google, just read the thread.

Shergie
    Free Member

Is it not a coyote DH frame, i think they wewe yellow to start with? Like this but bigger, cheaper and less carbon?

tomhoward

Dez, I mean the ‘specialized’.

edit; Bravo shergie, thats the badger!

bikeryder85
    Free Member

specialized had a single pivot called the hardrock uno in 2002…however it does not look like the above. (can’t embed the but google finds it)…quite perplexed by the ad tho…

legend
    Free Member

Is it not a coyote DH frame, i think they wewe yellow to start with? Like this but bigger, cheaper and less carbon?

There were two versions, the DH and the DH-XC. The Dh was yellow with the alu swingarm whilst the DH-XC got moar carbonz.

I rocked a DH-2 (orange and black without the shock on a pole) 8)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I reckon he bought it knowing what it was and intending to break it.

i initially thought that about the “yeti”, but he paid £550 for it and no way were the bits worth that?

shotsaway
    Free Member

the frame number was checked on the specialized site and it came back as being a 2002 model d/h

Strange as I can’t find that part of the Specialized website!

This is a 2002 Specialized Hardrock FSR and it certainly doesn’t look like the one for sale.

2002 Bighit……again a miss!

Shame some unsuspecting person will buy the BSO thinking its a Specialized.

smiff
    Free Member

Lord, will people buy any piece of s**t with a nice name on it?!
    i guess these are misinformed “collectors”, not riders? who’d want to ride those designs with any name on..

tbf, name models (like that Spesh) from 10 years ago *do* like amazingly like supermarket bikes today. I can’t wait to see all our current fancy bikes in the supermarkets in 10 years? 😀

shotsaway
    Free Member

Upon closer inspection, I can confirm that the saddle is Specialized. That’s about it though!

nosedive
    Free Member

good work Shergie!

RE: the spesh seller, check out his feedback, looks like he has moved on branded road bikes. One buyer describes him as ‘the honest John of bike sales’. Robbing git more like

I also like the ‘I wont give you the full frame number as I have been caught out like that before’. Caught out how ? He gave out the full frame number and someone indentified it as stolen I assume

bigyinn
    Free Member

Cant he be reported to E-bay for doing this? He’s clearly stating that its something its not.

smiff
    Free Member

yes he can, but ultimately sellers are their customers, so ebay just give you a slap on the wrist and let you go right back to it..

nosedive
    Free Member

I’ve just done exactly that. Does seem strange it has good parts on it, my guess is it has been re-built by someone who steals, breaks and re-builds bikes to hide their indentity

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Bargain YETI on ebay, just listed’ is closed to new replies.