Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PSA Bargain Titan electric chainsaw
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve had one myself for a few years and it’s been superb, they always come well recommended on any STW chainsaw thread. £35 in the Screwfix sale. – http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb355chn-40-5cm-2000w-electric-chainsaw-230v/92771

outofbreath
    Free Member

I can vouch for these. Mine lasted 4 years of abuse dicing every bit of firewood I burned and I burn a lot.

It only died when the brake gave up and I decided to get a petrol to replace it rather than fix the brake.

At £35 I’m half tempted to get it as a spare.

scotabroad

Thanks mate, just ordered one 🙂

addy6402

I’ve also got one and it has been most useful chopping up some surprisingly large chunks of tree…

outofbreath
    Free Member

I’ve also got one and it has been most useful chopping up some surprisingly large chunks of tree…

I remember standing in front of an enormous pile of large oak first thing one morning. I took it for granted I’d need to hire a “proper” chainsaw for the day, but I thought I’d just try a couple of cuts to see if the Titan could make any headway.

By the evening I’d diced and split the lot without a trip to the hire shop.

I won’t say it was effortless but the saw certainly wasn’t the limiting factor!

properbikeco
    Free Member

I reckon they are better for most folk in that because you are tied to a power outlet have to think more about safety and positioning for a socket. They stop you taking it into some stupid situations. Ours certainly coped well with some massive oak stuff we cut up. Chains are quite reasonable too and you just put it away until next use, no 2stroke complications to worry about.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PSA Bargain Titan electric chainsaw’ is closed to new replies.