Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • PSA: Bargain 29er wheels
  • rootes1

now that looks like a deal! mmnn gold

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

The rims are a licenced version of Stans BST so tubeless too 🙂

rootes1

looks like it comes with stans goo as well

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

No, they come with the Stans BST, not goo, although at least they have the tubeless tape already installed.

Given that Sun-ringle makes Stans rims and they have BST, you have to consider the fact that it may just be a rebadged stans rim – which is no bad thing.

I dropped some wedge on these last night. Absolute bargain. Now I just need a frame and forks…

wwaswas

Now I just need a frame and forks…

That’s the only thing stopping me buying some.

That and trying to kid myslef I can fit them to my rigid bike with narrow tyres/create a 69er in the meantime.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Would be all over this if they had black with screw through front hub.

rootes1

Can you not convert the QR hub? I know you can on their more expensive wheelsets

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bargainus!!

Clink

Can you not convert the QR hub? I know you can on their more expensive wheelsets

From their site:

Quick Release Front Specific; or 15mm / 20mm convertible Front
    (both end caps included)
    (Note: Front QR specific is not convertible to 15mm/20mm)

nuke

Can you not convert the QR hub?

Nope…either QR or 15mm/20mm

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I got some of the 26″ Sunringle Charger Experts a week or so ago for the bargaintastic price of £175 and they came with the rim tape already installed, sealant and valves. I also got some hub adaptors and a rear qr skewer. These were the ones with the 15/20mm only front hub.

They’re damn good wheels and I’ve only been able to burp some air out of the rear a couple of times when I did a big whip and didn’t get the back end back in line. 😳 😀

getonyourbike
    Free Member

oh b******s! As soon as I buy some at £175,they drop to £146! 👿

Brake-neck
    Free Member

oh b******s! As soon as I buy some at £175,they drop to £146!

Aye, same kind of luck I usually have mate.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up – just ordered some for my disc-ed up cx bike that’ll be arriving next month. OE wheels will have road tyres on, these cx tyres, probably tubeless.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Uhoh.

::moves swiftly on when he spots a sun ringle freehub body:::

They should be giving YOU £143 quid to ride these if the freehub body is anything like theyve been over the past few years.

boxelder

these cx tyres, probably tubeless.

A 24mm rim isn’t going to be great with a CX tyre – what tyre you planning?

They should be giving YOU £143 quid to ride these if the freehub body is anything like theyve been over the past few years.

HHmmm. That’s why I stuck with the Hopes I’ve got on order for nearly twice the price – had a free hub go on last weekend away, which if a Hope I could have sorted on the trail.

cheers_drive

Tempting price, with a bit of shopping around I can spec a Cotic Solaris for only a little more than the Canyon I was planning to get.
    Choices, choices…

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

boxelder – Member
    A 24mm rim isn’t going to be great with a CX tyre – what tyre you planning?

Not sure yet, but assuming an inside width of c.20mm they should work ok with a 32-35mm tyre according to Sheldon Brown. We shall see……

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The Q/rs are marked as out of stock now. I hope I got my order in in time!

Clink

The Q/rs are marked as out of stock now. I hope I got my order in in time!

Same here!!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You better not have got my set. 👿

Happy xmas by the way. 😉

Clink

You can have the rear (so to speak!!). Merry Xmas!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Possibly a good move,boxelder. Its a shame as they look great wheels but i would be very wary of the body. I may be wrong. Like you said, i too would be happy to pay another 100 quid or more for something that will last. Especially in the hub department. Its the hardest and most costly thing to replace on a bike when things keep going titz up.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Mine turned up today – they passed the takethemoutoftheboxandgazeatthemaddoringly test swimmingly 🙂

I measured the internal width at 19mm so they should be ok running cx tyres tubeless.

Just need the cycle2work voucher to arrive in the post so I can get a bike to put them on…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Bargain 29er wheels’ is closed to new replies.