Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA: Bamboo t-shirts at Aldi
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

In Aldi last night and they have bamboo t-shirts/base layers @ £2.99. Got a couple, comfortable, quite warm, with decent wicking. If you’re passing, I’d suggest popping in and having a look.
    Clicky

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The link says £4.99 but still worth a punt imo, I’ve never tried bamboo fabric.

The “biodegradable” claim is worrying though, don’t fancy the bacteria having a sweat-induced feast 😯

LoCo
    Free Member

They’re ace even at £4.99 loving mine 😀

miketually
    Free Member

They’re biodegradable under the right conditions, just as leather and cotton are biodegradable under the right conditions.

DezB
    Free Member

If it’s anything like the bamboo fabric from BAM, it’ll be lovely 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I can see the attraction of putting it in the compost heap when no longer required.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Just don’t get too close to one of these bad boys…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r06d6AbMwg[/video]

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The “biodegradable” claim is worrying though

not if you read it properly it’s not. The packaging says “Bamboo is sustainable…and biodegradeable”.

These tops are made from viscose derived from bamboo (plus cotton and elastane), so they are made from bamboo in the same way your other synthetic tops are made from dinosaurs.

LoCo
    Free Member

You can get dinosaur t shirts? 😀 cool

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

These tops are made from viscose derived from bamboo (plus cotton and elastane)

Well that’s disappointing, and I have to say a tad misleading. I was hoping that the tops were made from woven bamboo shoots. I don’t think I’ll bother now.

LoCo
    Free Member

They didn’t taste at good in my curry either 👿

MoreCashThanDash

Keep up at the back – if you check my thread last week you’d know all about this…. 😆

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

At an outrageous 4.99 I’ve got 3, really soft and comfortable so if they’re warm and wicking they will get a lot of use. And they are panda-proof.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Bamboo t-shirts at Aldi’ is closed to new replies.