Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA: Asda bargains
  • bearnecessities

Seriously, someone in the purchasing department needs to be sacked.

endurogangster
    Free Member

That looks like the best deal asda have had since they had those 3 foot garden gnomes in!

tom84
    Free Member

they looked like easter eggs at first glance, they’d be quite exciting if they were chocolate, with the leafy bits, or actual gold.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

it’s that really a golden plastic pineapple? I mean, does it serve any function?

jon1973
    Free Member

it’s that really a golden plastic pineapple? I mean, does it serve any function?

Well, what else are you going to put next to the ‘golden plastic parrot perched on a log’ on the sideboard?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

hmm, I suppose so

adjustablewench
    Free Member

the basis for a mtb event if ever i saw one ‘the golden pineapple hunt’ the winner is the one who returns with the most pinapples stuffed down his/her shorts or up their jersey

bearnecessities

Worst thing is, someone was looking at them as a potential purchase as I took a picture!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We had a mahoosive plastic pineapple (but in “realistic” colours) when I was a kid – for keeping ice cubes. It was horrific. 😆 The seventies were fun.

chambord
    Free Member

We had a mahoosive plastic pineapple (but in “realistic” colours) when I was a kid – for keeping ice cubes. It was horrific.

I actually have quite a soft spot for those and keep a look out every time I pass a charity shop

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah, you too then chambord? With the glass bowl inside?

Jamie
    Free Member

Is it not an Angry Birds thing?

Worse thing is, someone was looking at them as a potential purchase as I took a picture!

There is only one thing worse than buying a golden pineapple, and that’s…yup you guessed…taking a picture of a golden pineapple 😛

bearnecessities

taking a picture of a golden pineapple

You make it sound like I didn’t look like a lunatic. I can assure you I did.

Jamie
    Free Member

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’m sure they will be used for, ahem, ‘pleasure’…

unovolo
    Free Member

They’d have looked good………………………….

In the 70’s?

unklehomered
    Free Member

the basis for a mtb event if ever i saw one ‘the golden pineapple hunt’

Where do I sign up? 😀 Good luck explaining that one to British Cycling, it took us a while to get the idea of a Chainless across to them.

jon1973
    Free Member

OT, but still on the broad subject of fruit. Do people still have wax fruit in their fruit bowls instead of that inconvenient edible fruit or has that gone out of fashion now? Did anyone ever take a bite of a wax apple before they realised?

chambord
    Free Member

With the glass bowl inside?

I’ve only ever seen them with a melamine bowl.

Do people still have wax fruit in their fruit bowls

My Grandma used to have marzipan fruit.

Awful.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

lol @ Jamie 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Worst thing is, someone was looking at them as a potential purchase as I took a picture!

And you didn’t ask them what they were planning on doing with it? 🙄

Kevevs
    Free Member

apparently those big asda gnomes for 25 quid or something sold in their quintillions and were a great sales push,I mean serious money! **** knows who bought them though. People are daft.

user-removed
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    We had a mahoosive plastic pineapple (but in “realistic” colours) when I was a kid – for keeping ice cubes. It was horrific. The seventies were fun.

Kevevs
    Free Member

haha classy

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Asda bargains’ is closed to new replies.