Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 170 total)
  • PSA – Ard Rock Enduro 2017
  • jaylittle
    Free Member

Entries go live on 28th Oct and it takes place on 4-6th Aug.

sandwicheater

Cheers, sets diary and crosses fingers

darrenspink
    Free Member

Blimey these come around fast.

lee170
    Free Member

Is this possible on a hardtail?

tops5
    Free Member

Yes ^

lee170
    Free Member

Awesome, cheers

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lets hope they sort out the entry system this year, get that ‘enter 8 mates’ thing to ****.

sandwicheater

Is this possible on a hardtail?

No, you’ll need a new bouncy bike, definitely.

andybrad

only way half of my mates could go was because i entered them….. oooh err

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And lots of folk who got entered by their mates, and couldn’t go…

Double ooer!

If people can’t get themselves sorted to enter, then tough….

mintimperial

get that ‘enter 8 mates’ thing to ****

Too right. A couple of entries per person, ok, but 8 is taking the piss.

tops5
    Free Member

Yea was sheer luck I got on this year – don’t want to miss the next one!

phil40
    Free Member

Would love to do this next year! Fingers crossed for the 28th!

legend
    Free Member

10 months with the entry money sitting in their account – cheeky *******

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, and then folk pull out and they get to sell places again Legend…

unklehomered
    Free Member

10 months booking stuff (loos, infrastructure, kit, comms equipment and dealing with cancellations and waiting lists) all of which probably requires deposits if not full payment from the outset, negotiating land use etc.

FTFY?

Be fair, ardrock has become chuffing massive now, it does take a lot of pulling together. I’m just a marshall, i just show up, but when an event levels up that much the requirements get pretty huge. We’ve maybe seen that behind the scenes stuff a bit more.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I really don’t get the gripes with the number of people you could enter. A) it timed out if you weren’t reasonably quick o the keyboard and rereleased the tickets. B) There are a lot of people, my self included, who would rather not ride than ride “alone”, tiny entry allowances on popular events mean a big chance of only getting one of two of you on the rosta C) People don’t turn up regardless of who booked they’ve paid their money whether or not a mate entered them, it’s their prerogative and just as likely if they booked it them selves. (Point in case I’ve booked me and my mates several times, busted a shoulder three weeks prior to last year, no ride for me, this year i was in surgery id been waiting 18months for the friday before, no ride for me, the result would be the same if i entered just me or me and five or fifty five friends.(I’d be more likely to make the effort when i was feeling a bit crap if all my mates we’re going too). D) it’s not like people can buy 10s or 100s of tickets then tout them.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Should be a maximum of two I say, then no one will be Billy no mates.

postierich
    Free Member

i marshalled this year as i did not get an entry as I had some friends going. Got paid but asked to have an entry for next year and they said no!! Charming after spending two days on a hill at the furthest point away. Ok i got to ride some stages but thought it was a bit tight!

jaylittle
    Free Member

Certainly would be a nice gesture for Marshall.
    I didn’t even attempt to enter the Saturday last time just went straight for the sunday as there was 7 of us in total (not all entered by me) and we all managed to get a spot no problem.

tomhoward

Aye, and then folk pull out and they get to sell places again Legend…

Why I won’t be entering

eddie11
    Free Member

They have very quickly gone from a small bash with a very accommodating refund policy to a big slick operation with a pretty sly refund policy which is like no other I’ve seen. It’s nice to see success, trails are very good and it’s still a great event but i think they are close to overplaying their hand.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I don’t think so Eddie, demand for the event is still huge, may diminish a little as lots of people were way out their depth last year….

iain1775
    Free Member

How much will it cost to enter this year, will I have to start planning the re-mortgage now?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

60 per event this year iirc?

doubledunter
    Free Member

Quite fancy this next year 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s brilliant Brian. Ps – going to golfie tomorrow, fancy it?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Just seen the price for the Saturday Enduro this year, £62 (not inc camping which is fiver?) how much is too much for racing these days I’m asking myself.

ehrob

Look at their refunds policy and tell me you’re surprised they’ve jacked the price.

bigjim

Has anyone done the ard rock and the ard moors and can offer comparison? Really like ard rock, just wondering if the moors one compares.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Has anyone done the ard rock and the ard moors and can offer comparison? Really like ard rock, just wondering if the moors one compares.

A friend did it who really enjoyed the different stages, almost liked it more than the enduro. A LOT less rocks and more flowing open moor stuff.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Just seen the price for the Saturday Enduro this year, £62 (not inc camping which is fiver?) how much is too much for racing these days I’m asking myself.

Aye, agreed, however I enjoy this so much every year I’d be absolutely gutted and really annoyed with myself if I didn’t enter….

funkrodent

Rode this in 2015 and 2016. Great event, superb job done with general organisation, marshalling, timing etc etc. On a massive scale as well. Not to be underestimated though, genuinely difficult riding with lots of potential consequence for failure. Arduous as well with lots of steep climbs and a mahoosive transition between stages 4 and 5. Decent level of fitness is a pre-requisite if you want to finish it, let alone enjoy it. A bit of bike handling nouse and experience of steep, rocky and loose (not to mention your bowels) terrain helps. Can certainly be ridden on a hardtail, I did it in 2015 though if ever there was terrain designed with an FS in mind this is it..

orena45

Did it for the first time this year and loved the riding on offer! Was intending on doing it again next year but looks like the date might clash with my chance to go riding abroad, and I don’t want to risk losing money by not being able to get a refund.

Speaking of, two riding mates signed up for the 2016 race but couldn’t make it due to unforeseen circumstances and have no intention of signing up again thanks to the no refund/no swap policy. Completely understand such a massive event needs to make sure costs are covered but the inflexibility of even just being able to swap names on an entry at all, does leave a sour taste. A lot can change in the 10 months between signing up to the race and actually getting there!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, much as I love the event, the refund policy is piss poor.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

i marshalled this year as i did not get an entry as I had some friends going. Got paid but asked to have an entry for next year and they said no!! Charming after spending two days on a hill at the furthest point away. Ok i got to ride some stages but thought it was a bit tight

what do you expect, they are from Yorkshire

stcolin
    Free Member

I’ll be up early to get an entry but wont be overly bothered if I don’t get in. Rode it last year. Weather was perfect, trails were good.

Quite fancy the Ard Moors too….

Kahurangi

Is the refunds policy worse than last year? 😕

That’s very disappointing, especially as the Mrs might not be riding this time.

No refund at all = unlikely to gamble on the Mrs. getting a ticket = less likely to make a weekend of it = I won’t bother going either.

beano68
    Free Member

Done both, but I think Ard Moors is a little bit more technical on some stages but nice fast and flowy It would be much harder in the wet than Ard Rock

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m planning to do both this year, Rock and Moor, only gonna try and enter the sat enduro at ard rock though, enjoy the ‘atmosphere’ on the saturday night and not have to think about doing it all again the next day…. 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Ard Rock Enduro 2017’ is closed to new replies.