Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA – Amazon Autorip free MP3s
  • rj
    Free Member

I just logged into my Amazon account, and they’ve kindly supplied me with MP3s of every CD I’ve bought from them since 1999. Spotify has rendered it a bit redundant, but it’s always nice to get something for free.

soma_rich
    Free Member

ooh thanks for that I had 115 albums waiting for me in the cloud player 🙂

Not sure what to do with them as they are all on my HDD and my NAS 🙂

wordnumb
    Free Member

That’s interesting. I’m trying it now but it seems to take an age to load each track.

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh that’s good that.
    Only trouble is I have Coldplay albums I bought for my wife in my collection! 😯

CountZero

They’ve just introduced an iOS app for the MP3 Store, so you can buy tracks directly from the app, then download them from the cloud player.
    Much easier than having to d/load from the computer then copy to the pod or phone.

nbt

Oooh, where do you find that? NOt sure *what* I’ve bought from amazon, mind…

DezB
    Free Member

Look for the AutoRip link. Should be on the right.

zokes
    Free Member

Nice! Got a of tracks from LPs and CD’s I’ve long since lost.

Not so nice…. It seems presents for other people are in there – I too seem to have been infiltrated by Chris Martin 😯

wordnumb
    Free Member

Have any of yous managed to convince Amazon’s Cloud Player to play a track?

Stoner
    Free Member

or….

If you use google music, you can upload* up to 20,000 songs from your computer (iTunes/Windows Media Player/Music folder etc, as well as your amazon downloads) to their servers to be able to access it from anywhere (incl your android device). You can also share tracks with people. You can tell it which albums you want to keep on your device too so you dont have to worry about data connection.
    Google music will also create instant play lists and mixes for you too.

* it does it all for you BTW

Bimbler
    Free Member

Great, got shed loads of Italian renaissance music and Rhianna

nbt

Found it. Not bought mucgh from amazon it seems and not really that bothered about the stuff I bought. Thankfully Will Young album I nought as a present is not auto-ripped.

DezB
    Free Member

I bet it is… and you’re tempted aren’t you? 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Stoner is currently investigating plastic surgery to step up his google evangelism to the next level.

He simply handed the surgeon this picture and said ‘make me look like this’ 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Have any of yous managed to convince Amazon’s Cloud Player to play a track?

I clicked “Play” and immediately started groovin to some Handsome Boy Modelling School 🙂

headfirst
    Free Member

Excellent! Currently listening to Forever in Blue Jeans by Neil Diamond. Choon! 8)

wordnumb
    Free Member

Thanks DezB, I guess the internet just hates me then. It’s mutual.

DezB
    Free Member

Best thing about it – I could select lots of Coldplay songs and click DELETE. Excellent! 😈

mike_p
    Free Member

Nice, like it… and it’s added loads of bonus tracks to albums where I only bought the standard version. Never Mind the Ballcocks is now more than double the size!

mashiehood
    Free Member

thanks – made my day!!!

Stoner
    Free Member

Lookin’ good!

CountZero

If you use google music, you can upload* up to 20,000 songs from your computer (iTunes/Windows Media Player/Music folder etc, as well as your amazon downloads) to their servers to be able to access it from anywhere (incl your android device)

All fine and dandy, if you have unlimited data, if you have a good enough network connection, if you can find free wifi that will let you log on/use it for more than an hour/actually stream data, (I’m looking at you, BT Fon).
    [Edit]

you can upload* up to 20,000

What’s the point? I’ve got that many on my phone, and 160,000 on my iPod. 200,000, and I might be interested, and it would have to leave the bitrate at 320Kb, too, which is why I refuse to use iCloud.

Stoner
    Free Member

What’s the point?

I own <20,000 songs. Mostly Coldplay.

would have to leave the bitrate at 320Kb

Im a luddite. I woudlnt know what 1,000kbps sounded like if it was whistling dixie in my ear.

have unlimited data, if you have a good enough network connection

You can sync local libraries for mobile devices. I really dont need ALL my music available ALL the time.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I own <20,000 songs. Mostly Coldplay

That’s quite depressing, much like Coldplay really

I’m very much liking the Amazon, however, there’s a very dodgy album in it. It’s called ‘Simple’ and appears to be by a group called ‘Simple’. It is a collection of quite the worst cover versions of songs I have ever heard. I’ve been through my entire order history and it’s definately not been purchased on my account. It’s truely horrific

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Amazon Autorip free MP3s’ is closed to new replies.