Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • PSA – Alpkit sale on – Filo jackets etc reduced by 1/3
  • neninja
    Free Member

If you are looking for a new down jacket get over to Alpkit. They’ve got all the mens and ladies Filo jackets reduced to £80.

I’ve already got a couple of older Filos but am tempted to go for one of the newer improved versions. Must show restraint!

peterfile
    Free Member

Good spot, I doubt they’ll be around for long at that price.

Stoner
    Free Member

but theyve removed all reference to the Filet form the site 🙁

surfer
    Free Member

No they havent!

Alpkit Filo

Stoner
    Free Member

Filet, not filo.
    The down gilet.

peterfile
    Free Member

They’ve reduced their sleeping bag prices too.

chakaping
    Free Member

Does the Filo fit the same as the Filet?

ie. Small if you’re normally a medium?

neninja
    Free Member

Does the Filo fit the same as the Filet?

ie. Small if you’re normally a medium?

My 2 Filo jackets are both small and I would usually be a medium (one is an original one and the other the first of the hooded version). They do seem to come up big – can’t vouch for the current one though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thet’s good enough for me cheers.

Ordered myself a nice blue one.

🙂

onandon
    Free Member

Are these actually any good? comparable to HH – Rab -Haglofs Etc

surfer
    Free Member

Filet, not filo.
    The down gilet.

😳

surfer
    Free Member

I’ve got the old one and although its good the material is a bit harsh and things like the sleeves could do with improvement. It is also heavy so in IMO its not on the same level.
    Still good value and they last well. I have the gillet and thats also been very good.

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks for the info.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

nice one – purchaseseses made. 😀

curiousyellow
    Free Member

On its way hopefully! Been wanting one of these for ages.

Fit wise, I have an XS Filet, but the Filos don’t come that small. Even if they come up slightly larger I’ll gladly wear it. They’re more for warmth than how they look, and if it’s cold enough to wear it then you’ll probably have something on underneath to bulk it out anyway.

RustySpanner

on and on – Member

Yep.

BadlyWiredDog

The latest ones are pretty decent. They switched to a lighter, nicer feeling fabric which means the down lofts more easily so warmer and plusher. Looks nicer too. The elongated drop-tail isn’t to everyone’s taste but keeps your butt warm and the pockets have a tricot lining which catches a bit if you have chafed hands in winter.

I’d say they were brilliant value for money particularly at that price. Arguably not quite as good as the top-end ones from the likes of Rab, Mountain Equipment, PhD, Haglofs etc, but then they’re significantly more affordable and I don’t think the price premium you pay for the better brands gives you proportionately better performance, if that makes sense.

Also, as above, the later versions of the Filo, this year and last, are a different animal from the earlier ones thanks to the lighter fabric.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

i love my filo, got it before xmas and its great.

higgo
    Free Member

Everything BWD just said.
    You can spend a lot more to get a bit better. For me and how I use mine, it’s not worth spending the extra to get that last bit of improvement.

surfer
    Free Member

Also, as above, the later versions of the Filo, this year and last, are a different animal from the earlier ones thanks to the lighter fabric.

Its possible that my comments on the earlier model (although correct IMO) are not relevant on the new one. Ordered one so will find out for myself !!! 😀

onandon
    Free Member

just ordered one. ive been let down my Go outdoors on another order so this has come at a good time .

rhys
    Free Member

Please stop PSA’s they are costing me a fortune!
    Last time it was a coffee machine!

chojin
    Free Member

I have a medium (new style) filo, and I’m usually a medium, it fits like a medium.

HTH.

wl
    Free Member

Just ordered one despite noticing that the down has been downgraded (excuse the pun) to 600 fill from the previous 700. Presumably a cost-cutting exercise – hope it’s still as warm as people say they are. Seemed like a steal for £80.

surfer
    Free Member

I received my new one (had the old one for a few years) and its excellent quality, warm, light and cuffs much better than the previous velcro ones which were irritating. Bargain

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

dont be put off by the fill number, the newer ones are just as warm as the older ones, in fact I reckon maybe a touch warmer, something to do with the design if I recall lets them achieve better temperatures with lighter filling.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Alpkit sale on – Filo jackets etc reduced by 1/3’ is closed to new replies.