Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA – Alpkit Boson bike light down to £29
  • MoreCashThanDash

Comes with a handlebar mount but fits an Exposure helmet mounts to make a pretty decent all in one helmet light

Poopscoop

Nice find! 🙂

Poopscoop

Nice find! 🙂

Bez

Their quoted lumens/run time/battery capacity figures seem to add up to rather a bold claim (going on experience of some Exposure lights, anyway). Do they check out in reality?

matt_outandabout

The reviews are not positive…

fifeandy
    Free Member

There’s no danger it’ll hit those runtime/lumen figures unless theres a misprint in the battery capacity/voltage

Bez

Thought so. Seems like 2-3 times what I’d think would be realistic. Not that I know much about electrickery and it’s a while since I bought a battery light, so maybe I’m off.

benp1

Saw these off the back of the Alpkit email

I was going to recommend them to a couple of friends but having read the reviews decided not to

TimP
    Free Member

Where are the reviews?

Thanks!

ransos
    Free Member

Reviews on the Alpkit site aren’t very positive!

benp1

TimP – scroll down the Alpkit page, they’re towards the bottom

TimP
    Free Member

oh yeah!!

ads678

Reviews on the Alpkit site aren’t very positive!

Half of them are very positive. Ones neutral (3 out of 5) and 3 are on the negative side. https://www.alpkit.com/products/boson#product-reviews
    Although it does seem they have some issues with the battery life indicator.

monksie
    Free Member

If you read the reviews, one person resolved the ‘flickering light over bumps’ and ‘red light indicator coming on immediately after full charge’ with a 5 pence piece.
    It would appear that the battery spring isn’t very strong and a 5p bridges the gap which solves the above issues.

backinireland
    Free Member

Is it just a Chinese light with alpkit branding?
    I bought their 35 quid lampray for about a fiver on ebay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Alpkit Boson bike light down to £29’ is closed to new replies.