Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA: Alpkit Bikes live chat – NOWish
  • thenorthwind

A live Facebook chat (however one of those works):

“Live Facebook web chat with Brant Richards, Bike designer extraordinaire and the man behind our new range of Sonder Bikes.
    Brant will be here on Facebook to take your questions between 12 and 2pm (UK) tomorrow (Friday 8th Jan).
    He’ll be ably assisted by our in-house Sonder bike techster Neil too, so if you have any questions about the new Sonder range then here is your chance to ask the experts.”

brant
    Free Member

Yes.

My mum always told me to be on time, or a bit early. Or it's rude. Hello and welcome to this Q&A thing. We're not sure…

Posted by Alpkit on Friday, January 8, 2016

I have no idea how one works…
    Ask me in 2hrs.

thenorthwind

Get off here, you’re supposed to be on Facebook! 🙂

(Said no-one’s boss, ever)

cokie

Brant answering my question like a true politician 😛

Edit: still appreciate the response

Stoner
    Free Member

er, it appears to want me to create a facebook account to join in.

That is not happening. You will have to go on without my invaluable input. As you were.

cokie

Stoner- post it here and i’ll paste it in

brant
    Free Member

This can be an unofficial back-channel.

Stoner
    Free Member

This can be an unofficial back-channel.

why not just have an STW forum Q&A front channel, and you can leave all the kidz to faceache in peace? 😀

Anyway, I see the broken road is pithed to be able to be ‘hoffed. Is that with a specific drop out for torque transfer peg or something else?

brant
    Free Member

Shy retiring, privacy fearing MARK JOHNSTONE asks "Anyway, I see the broken road is pithed to be able to be 'hoffed. Is that with a specific drop out for torque transfer peg or something else?"

cokie

Would a 120mm 29” Rev compliment the Transmitter with 650b+ tyres?

brant
    Free Member

Cokie asks "Would a 120mm 29'' Rev be okay to run on the Transmitter with 650b+ tyres?"

RustySpanner

Not on Facebook, but would love to know why we don’t have rack mounts on the Camino.

And will it take a triple?

Thanks.

Stoner
    Free Member

It’s like sitting to lunch with a couple who arent talking to each other, but communicating via a long-suffering relative relaying requests to pass the salt a la Simpsons. 🙂

Cokie, will you tell Brant that he smells, please.

Also, does Brant/Shedfire have any involvement in the new Love Mud parts range at Alpkit too, or is that something AK are doing on their own?

RustySpanner

Oh, and what’s the measurements for the width of those flared drops along the tops?

Thanks again!

RustySpanner

Hiya, anybody there?
    🙂

RustySpanner

And after I said how helpful you were as well.

😐

piemonster

This can be an unofficial back-channel

If anywhere warrants being labelled a back channel, its this place.

RustySpanner

Well, it certainly enables the continued movement of jobbies.

Still like the look of those bars – problem with a lot of the flared drops is that they’re often too narrow on the tops.

The website lists the width of the flared bit only.

Just after the width on the tops.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Missed this as I was out riding today, 24 degrees and clear blue skies in southern Catalunya. Still, wishing alpkit good luck with the Sonder range, before we left the uk, I was tasked with the job of building the first 6 prototypes. The 650+ is a really nice bike as is the gravel bike. Neil is a really good tech guy and top rider.
    Brant, if you’re lurking, I managed to get the bolt through forks I was after when I was home at Christmas, good job that nothing’s changed at PX, picked up exactly what I wanted at the clearance shop for next to nothing, never been on a bike 😆
    Invite to visit still stands, bring Neil and some bikes, you’ll love it.

brant
    Free Member

Hey Rusty. Sorry for delay on bar dims.

Triple check ongoing. I strongly think it will, but it wasn’t a design spec. More soon.

scotroutes

Shand are now selling “slightly flared” bars too.

http://shop.shandcycles.com/product/shand-one-flared-drop-bars

WIDTH 400 / 420 / 440 / 460 mm (measured at the brake hoods)
    DROP 130 mm
    REACH 86 mm
    FLARE 8°
    WEIGHT 294 g (420w)

(though the 460s are not currently listed on the website)

RustySpanner

Ta for the responses.

I’ll check availability, 46 at the hoods is much better than the Nitto Randos I’ve been looking at, but much cheaper (and still a bit wider) than the way too pricy Salsa jobs.

Brant, I know you don’t like triples (and the inherent compromises), but I find them easier to use and cheaper than a wide range double, especially on cold, windy days with a load on.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Alpkit Bikes live chat – NOWish’ is closed to new replies.