Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • PSA Aldi thursday
  • stoddys
    Free Member
    jekkyl

The rear light looks a little different than last years one, which was great for me until I came off in a rut and broke the saddle mount. Hoping this one will have the saddle mount again.

stoddys
    Free Member

Yes I thought they looked more pointy on the ends. Same price as last time.
    Broke 2 front brackets myself. Bike v tree! Saddle mount is great for a dropper post.
    I am safe honest.

disco_stu
    Free Member

As an Aldi type I’ll be heading down there for some cycling related goodies!

richardkennerley

Should all the stuff that appears on the website be in-store or is some online only? I notice some of the items are already out of stick online. I’ve got a shopping list!

Kuco

Whats the build quality like on the mini bike stands?

kelron
    Free Member

How are their waterproof socks?

superstu
    Free Member

How are their waterproof socks

Nothing to compare them too but having bought some last year I think they’re excellent. Very good.

snipsnap
    Free Member

Anyone rate the light/camera unit?

Looks like it could be a good option for rides with the kids. Not really arsed about recording my commutes

rossburton
    Free Member

Has anyone used their turbo? I’ve always been a bit tempted and at fifty quid it’s worth a punt even if I only use it once a month…

superstu
    Free Member

Thanks OP. Tights, glasses, rear light, gloves for £26. All needed so no impulse purchases.

MoreCashThanDash

Aldi winter gloves – the highlight of my cycling year!

sparkyrhino

Waterproof socks are good,as good as sealskin jobbies, mine are still going strong.Will be getting another pair .

ElShalimo

Anyone bought the bike cover before?
    I was thinking of getting one for the campervan bike rack.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Is the Bikemate front light new? Anyone any idea how bright it is? Anyone recognize it as something rebranded?

Looks worth a punt for £15, with a rear light too

coomber
    Free Member

Used last years waterproof socks today. Amazing quality

CraigW
    Free Member

The neoprene gloves could be worth a go. I like their regular winter cycling gloves, but maybe neoprene is better for really wet weather.

jkomo

Jekyl I’ve got a couple of those mounts if you want one email me.

PJay
    Free Member

3x GT85 for £5.97 is a steal! It’s £4 a can at Halfords!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Tempted by those £40 camera lights that are Fly6 knock-offs, maybe even two and use one on the front without turning the light on.

The odd incident in recent months is slowly making me think that perhaps having video evidence of twunts may come in handy one day…

eskay

n0b0dy0ftheg0at – Member

Tempted by those £40 camera lights that are Fly6 knock-offs, maybe even two and use one on the front without turning the light on.

The odd incident in recent months is slowly making me think that perhaps having video evidence of twunts may come in handy one day…

Yes, those have caught my eye as well.

shermer75
    Free Member

That camera/rear light looks like it might be useful

shermer75
    Free Member

I’d rather it was more obviously a camera tho, to act as a deterrent..

riddoch

if it’s the same as the fly6 there is always a led on when it’s recording, you can dim it so it’s basically only one dullish one.

birky
    Free Member

and broke the saddle mount

I lost my rear light when the mount broke, presumably too many vibes and potholes. Half still clamped to the saddle, the other half and the light gone 🙁

martinkiely
    Free Member

Waterproof socks are ace, better than my Sealskinz anyway. I had one of the last batch of turbo trainers, but wore through the roller on the first use (eek!) as it seemed to made of cheese – that’s what you get for buying from a grocery store I suppose….

Kahurangi

I got some of the £12.99 lights last year. Thought they were great and scoured the local stores for more.

In the mean time however we’ve found that the brackets are made of cheese and not sure I’d bother again!

I’ll have a look though and see if they’ve improved….

submarined
    Free Member

I thought the socks looked interesting, but only ankle high, and 30degree hand wash only?! 🙁
    I’m sure my Sealskinz were only a fiver more, and can be machine washed at 40, tumbled, stuck on a radiator, and are mid thigh.

mark90
    Free Member

I’ll be getting some more of the merino cycling socks. Really like the ones I got last time. Don’t use then for cycling as much as other activities / general wear.

allyharp

I got some of the £12.99 lights last year. Thought they were great and scoured the local stores for more.

My front is terrible. It typically lasts 45 minutes on low from full charge, which isn’t enough to commute home.
    Unfortunately I don’t have the receipt otherwise I’d be returning it.

On balance, the rear is brilliant!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

and are mid thigh.

Those are some socks!

stevedoc
    Free Member

What are the socks like size wise , web says 9-11 are they like most of Alidis products ..a little small

size 12 asking

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Have they ran out of stock yet? 😆

thepodge
    Free Member

Just picked up the last medium and large long sleeve merino base layers from one of the Sheffield stores, might have to swap the m for an xl.

scruff
    Free Member

Ive got assorted socks, rear lights and gt85. Might go back in the car later and get a bike rack.

slowjo
    Free Member

deleted…..need to RTFM

velocipede
    Free Member

The Muc-Off stuff looks cheap….will be nipping down later!

jekkyl

can anyone confirm if the 12.99 rear light has the saddle mount? saves me pulling apart the box in the store. thanks

scruff
    Free Member

Jekkl, yes it does, plus seatpost and bag clip. It’s bright as FK!

whatgoesup

Ordered a few things off the web, but called in this morning and picked up a couple of the camera/lights.
    They seem pretty good – the light is brighter than I was expecting so would work really well paired up with another light to make a pair or rear lights.

The light can be turned off, but there is always a relatively dim red light “chasing” around the camera lens when it’s on. Dim enough that if it was sed on the front it’d be drowned out by a proper front light I think.

One question – does anyone know if it does “loop” recording to save having to wipe the card all the time?

If it doesn’t I’ll probably return them (or could sell them on via here to anyone who wants them but doesn’t manage to get one in the store)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘PSA Aldi thursday’ is closed to new replies.