Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • PSA – Aldi cycling kit this Sunday – incl Garmin and Muc Off
  • riddoch

I think the muc-off was badged as urban bike cleaner, so hence the price increase.

jekkyl

The garmin seems a bit basic, ideally I’d like to have some OS maps on there so not sure if there if it is any better than having an old android phone strapped to your stem. The battery life is better however, stating 14hrs run time on one charge Vs about 8/9 hrs on a phone, without getting it out loads to look at the maps or making any phone calls. Also it’s a bit rubbish that it’s not wireless upload, but for basic route’ing and strava’ing it’ll do for now. Coupled with this facility for route mapping: http://www.cyclestreets.net/ where you can plan cycle routes by fastest/balanced/quietest and can output by gpx and includes sustrans paths.

fbk
    Free Member

Still a few of everything (including garmins) in the Shrewsbury store.

trout
    Free Member

Anyone got the bike stand wondering if its worth getting

tomaso
    Free Member

Just got some gloves and they are very very similar to Endura Full Montys. I got an XL pair and they fit better than my XL pair of Enduras! Pretty good for £6.99.

allyharp

Workstand looks to be the same as my Lidl one. Which apart from being significantly heavier, is much better than my old one from Merlin which was over double the price. Bargain imo.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Over 20 Garmins sitting in a wire basket in Dunfermline Duloch store! Surprised to see them on the shop floor with no tags when they have £10 Bluetooth speakers in the locked cabinet…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Work stand looks good quality, solid with 5 “feet” it should be pretty stable. Clamp looks like it might be a little fiddly to tighten up but for £25 it looks a bargain

mtbel
    Free Member

I think they are also frank’s workshop approved.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Ah heck, I hope I’ve kept the receipt.

tthew

Used my gloves for the first time tonight. The hems inside the fingers are quite noticeable, there a lot of spare fabric in there, but for seven quid I’ll put up with it.

TiRed

Garmin 200s are excellent. Bought one in Halfords when they were heavily discounted. The breadcrumb trails are surprisingly useful. I have an 810 too, but seldom use navigation.

pondy
    Free Member

I got the shoes, they fitted fine but the sole was really hard, almost like plastic and I found it has little grip and was very sloppy to walk in, I have had walking shoes from the same make before and the soles started to peel off. Took them Back this morning and got a refund, they didn’t even open the box

faustus

I went to the Reading store at 10:00 on Sunday to get my Garmin, and was worried because there were quite a few people outside waiting to go in…it turned out that most were just doing normal food shopping!? Why queue up on a Sunday morning for stuff available all the time?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Just bought a workstand and the Muc-Off stuff.

The workstand is a very sturdy piece of kit with padded jaws, far better than what I was expecting for twenty five rubs.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Was in Aldi (twice in fact,we have two in town),last night picked up backpack,shoes and gloves. More stock than I had expected Garmins,Muc-Off,workstands,jerseys etc. Shoes good for the price come up big for stated size,gloves great fit like…a glove and impressed with the back pack has a neat little tool-roll in the base which is useful and is a good size. The other Aldi is\more central and had sold out of a few things. 🙂

cp

The gloves are brilliant. Used them last night on the road bike, realised when I got home my hands didn’t hurt at all, as compared to rather painful with previous knackered branded gloves. Went in for some more today, all gone.

isitafox
    Free Member

Only problem I found with the gloves is the thumbs are unbelievably tight, even when I tried a pair of XL on. Worst case though I’ll just chop the thumb off! (the glove that is)

jekkyl

The ‘neck warmer’ I’ve found to be pretty good, tight enough around the chin to stay in place but not too tight as to feel restrictive.

Also, came a cropper with the Garmin as the software ‘garmin connect’ doesn’t support windows XP. yes yes I should update my OS but I’ve got better things to spend my money on and we only use the PC for putting tunes on the ipods and taking pics off the camera. Hunted around online and found a previous version of the software I could use. Not sure however if you can upload your data straight to strava without even using the garmin guff.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Aldi cycling kit this Sunday – incl Garmin and Muc Off’ is closed to new replies.