Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • PSA: After a cheap, decent tent??
  • druidh
    Free Member

Every so often, a real bargain appears. This one is worth passing on.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Got the green version of this..

Spot on IMHO, and a bargin at under £25…

taka
    Free Member

vango alpha 300

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    darkeneddreams
    Free Member

Nice and reserved, thanks 😀

that colour will match my bike hehe

Swayndo
    Free Member

What is it then?

shoefiti
    Free Member

ive got a vango 100 – the one person jobby – it’s pretty nicely made for the cash – alloy pegs, taped seams decent zips etc.

druidh
    Free Member

Swayndo – Member

What is it then?

Click on the photo!

darkeneddreams
    Free Member

actually I should have asked this before hand..but how easily is this to erect? I did think about buying one of these for just under £30…

which one’s better?

Basically is this fire retardant? and waterproof?

darkeneddreams
    Free Member

Actually another question I’d like to ask…what happens to those assemble in seconds pop up tents, when its extremely windy?

druidh
    Free Member

The Argos PA1 is actually pretty well respected amongst the hillwalking/backpacking crowd. It’s a “proper” tent and I’ve seen them on exposed pitches at the top of Munros and they seem to handle it just fine. They’re not super lightweight, but then for £25, what do you expect.

Rich
    Free Member

Easy to erect in about 5 minutes, weighs 1.95 kgs.

Dont believe its fire retardant at all, 2000hh waterproofness.

Whether 2000 is enough for most conditions remains to be seen.

Got one last week, wish I had a green one though.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Rich, I’ll swap you my green one for your orange one if you want??

I had a lifetime of green kit.

Rich
    Free Member

Not sure. After looking at pictures it looks like it’s pretty dark inside? The orange one has a nice glow.

Might be better for wild camping though.

matt_outandabout

I don’t know any tent that is fire retardant….

aP
    Free Member

Our 2second tent was perfectly fine at MM last year whilst gazebos and things were being blown across the field.

Rich
    Free Member

One of my tents says it has a fire retardant coating, obviously not fire proof, but I cant remember which one it is.

BoardinBob

Reserved.

Good shout.

firestarter
    Free Member

reserved cheers just dont know what opening times are tomorrow . And im working boo

darkeneddreams
    Free Member

Got it today after googling it, seems very well respected, oh and looked on youtube, 2 second tents are fine to pop up but once you want them packed away again, they are a different story.

The tesco tents mentioned in my other post is fire retardant, I don’t smoke but though it might be worth it. Still I guess I wouldn’t have to find kindle if it does go up

Rich
    Free Member

2 second tents pack away in about 30 seconds once you get the hang of it, so still a million times faster than ordinary tents.

Only problem with them is the pack size.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Nice one – cheers.

Just reserved one to pick up later. Going to be doing some motorbike camping this year and don’t have much room on the bike to carry stuff so this should be ideal.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Actually another question I’d like to ask…what happens to those assemble in seconds pop up tents, when its extremely windy? “

they go flying across the camp area …. anyone taking one to the raasay rumble deserves that though …..

mayhem lat year wasnt windy , that was a mild breeze by scottish standards. Rumble was full on force 9 gale …. many tents took a battering !

aP
    Free Member

Well if you use a department store in conditions like that you’re asking for it 😛

trailbreak-martin
    Free Member

aP – Member

Well if you use a department store in conditions like that you’re asking for it [:P]

Ooh, I dunno. I’ve found that department stores stand up to adverse conditions very well. The only real problem with them is the pack size.

😉

aP
    Free Member

Force 9 though? Our 2second tent has been fine for what we want to use it for – its not very handy sat on top of the bob-yak towed by the adult discussion tandem though, but then again neither is the 4 berth.

HTTP404
    Free Member

2.1kg isn’t that light for a single if you’re taking it on the bike. Looks very spacey tho.
    I’ve used a gelert solo and a Coleman both under 1.5kgs.
    Probably useless in windy weather tho.

firestarter
    Free Member

ive got mine 😉 happy days . i used to use a tnf mountain marathon but it was just too low. weighed nowt tho but thats not everything. most happy cheers for the heads up

druidh
    Free Member

Hmm. It’s about now I’m thinking that I should either be on commission from Argos, or I should have bought a shed load and sold them on the classifieds at a 30% mark-up 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

probably mate 🙂

Rich
    Free Member

Ooh, it’s gone back up to £48.89 now!

AlasdairMc

Just bought one of these today at £24.44, and there's still plenty stock everywhere.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘PSA: After a cheap, decent tent??’ is closed to new replies.