Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PSA- 900 lumen light for £21.23 at DealExtreme
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member
    althepal

Good shout!

forzafkawi
    Free Member

You can pick up the same spec light on ebay for £19.

Loads of similar with higher ‘claimed’ outputs all over Amazon for less money

cookeaa

Cheaper can be had from the bay of eeeeeeeeee

basically the same thing and dispatched from the UK apparently

bigyinn
    Free Member

Got one last year. Good light, but the battery needs waterproofing. I took it out of the pouch and wrapped it in clingfilm.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Saw a 1200 lumens the other day for £17.99 in UK spec, from a UK seller.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Cookeaa, £14.99!!! That’s mad

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Can we save the light threads for September at the earliest please.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Very timely.
    Last night was the first ride for a while where lights were pretty much necessary.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

yup, these are very good…. had mine for 2 years with n problems…. £14.99 is mad, think i paid nearer £25

xherbivorex
    Free Member

how (if at all) waterproof are the batteries with these things then?

cookeaa

ebay is my first stop for cheap lighting these days, I won’t pay a penny over ~£18 and expect an XML emmiter, 4 x 18650 battery and patented explosive charger. I prefer to order from a UK seller if I can but not if it bumps the price a silly amount, HK sellers, being closer to source, are able to go a bit lower on price but don’t expect next day delivery…

Interestingly P7 emitter lights still seem to be available but at higher prices than an XML T6 in the same housing / battery configuration…

Can we save the light threads for September at the earliest please.

Other threads are available you know…

I’ve had lights from DX and ebay sellers in HK previously. While they are often well priced, they can take upwards of a month to get from HK to Blightly, if you are going to order lights for winter night riding from HK, you want to do it soon…
    Now is actually about the time to start looking if you want lights in time for the nights drawing in. Rather than a slew of threads in september/October whinging about DX dispatch times…

cookeaa

how (if at all) waterproof are the batteries with these things then?

Basically They’re not.

Very first thing you need to do when it arrives is thoroughly clingfilm the battery pack of if you have some use some heat shrink and maybe silicone to seal the battery up then do it…

My solution for the first light I got from DX was to modify a storage bottle with a short run of cable and a gland in the lid, works very well, gives you somewhere to cram in some extra bits/tools also but you loose a water bottle…

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

[Quote]how (if at all) waterproof are the batteries with these things then?[/Quote][Quote]Basically They’re not.[/Quote]

Agreed.
    I take the battery out of its pouch, encase it in a wrap of self-amalgamating tape and then stuff it back in the pouch. Appears to work pretty well.
    Also worth reinforcing all the flex protection points at the battery and connector etc with the same stuff, as breakage/shorting here appears to be the most common failure mode of these cheap lights.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

link

£17 includes a solar rear light

+1 for self amalgamating tape

lightman
    Free Member

Just remember, if you’re in a rush and need a light in a hurry, 99% of those ebay sellers are in China even it they say they’re in the UK, so it may take a week or two for it to arrive despite what they advertise.

jekkyl

We’re back sunset at 9.05pm already, annoying! The longest day should come at the end of July so it coincides with the summer more.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PSA- 900 lumen light for £21.23 at DealExtreme’ is closed to new replies.