Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • PSA 50% Off Clearance Stuff at Superstar
  • core

Mine arrived today via UPS, all in order.

ajantom

Annoying that I’ll have to wait 2 weeks as they didn’t think to buy enough boxes! My new dropouts and axle have turned up, just no sodding wheels 😡

trusty

Mine are with UPS, who are unable to deliver them as the delivery address is wrong 🙄 I suspect UPS have it wrong as everything else I’ve ordered from superstar has arrived with the correct address

treklee
    Free Member

If anyone got the flow ex 29 and doesn’t need them, I’ll happily pay abit on top. Ordered some on Boxing Day and then sold my old wheels only for superstar to cancel.

wwaswas

2 carbon rims for £130 now in the garage. Can’t really argue with that 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

Dango – Member 
    Their pads are cheap but don’t last (false economy)

a – depends what you buy and the conditions. Organic don’t last long anyway in crappy conditions.

b – they’re still a quarter of the price of original brand. I find even if they only last half as long, that’s still half the price. I just buy a pack of four and they last ages and longer than one original brand. In fact I buy a pack of four Kevlar which last longer than organic, but yes less than sintered, but they are so much quieter than sintered. Worth it vs original brand sintered at four times the price.

That said, I’m concerned about the direction Superstar are going. Their appeal before has been basically flogging Taiwanese stuff from the same factories as the big brand names for a fraction of the price and the stuff being generally reasonably good (pads and grips especially). They’re now concentrating on bringing everything in house and making the stuff themselves. That sounds good, but at the same time they’re dropping stuff. They’ve said on FB posts that that pads and grips are low priority and won’t be restocked until spring(!). The wheel clearance stuff they’ve stated is because they’re trying to shift stock of brands like DT hubs to make room for their own hubs. While their own hubs are probably okay for the price, it’s nice to have a wheel builder option that lets you pick nice branded hubs and rims also for fairly decent prices.

In the main though I used SS for pads and grips, and they’re nearly indefinitely out of stock for the stuff I want (Guide pads, and any grips that aren’t awful colours).

Kryton57

I cancelled my order and dropped my “unlucky” wheels off at the LBS for a last gasp new spokes/retension/true.

At least I think I have, they haven’t responded.

granny_ring

I’ve got 8 pair wheels on order, they will all be going on eBay when I get them if anybody missed out.

🙂

sv

Been getting pads from Aliexpress and for less than £2 a set they are brilliant!

deadkenny
    Free Member

sv – Member 
    Been getting pads from Aliexpress and for less than £2 a set they are brilliant!

Hmm, not sure I’d put my faith in them myself from ali.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Trek Lee. You have an email

jimwah
    Free Member

Picked up a nice gaudy 650b wheelset in lime green for £120, cheers for the link OP. Not sure if 27mm rim is a bit wide for a standard wheelset, but they only had boring colours in the normal 21/23mm widths 😀

ajantom

Anyone who had the ‘delayed due to lack of boxes’ email heard or received anything yet? Starting to get a little miffed!

komainu
    Free Member

ajantom – Still waiting for mine! Took them a week to send me the delayed email stating no boxes available. Have tried calling them for 3 days without answer! Frustration building…

slimjim78
    Free Member

I didn’t order any wheels but still awaiting shipping confirmation a week after placing order..

Also had the ‘its off the radar in my priorities’ response to a question about stock – Starting to think Superstar are a genuine one man band.

sv

deadkenny – Member
    sv – Member
    Hmm, not sure I’d put my faith in them myself from ali.

POSTED 6 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

The last lot were identical to CRC ones and have been stopping me very well for the last year 🙂

Edit: got the no box email and still waiting on wheels.

mrhoppy

Yeah, tried phoning but no answer, emailed them as well. A bit fed up of the daft situation of not having enough boxes, but the lack of ongoing communication is cack. Tempted to cancel my order but it’s a custom build and I don’t know if they’ve been built yet and are just waiting on a box (won’t be able to cancel) or if they’re not even built at all.

bedfordrd

Had the ‘no boxes’ email after the order – but wheels arrived last week, so very happy. Box looks a little used, but they’ve arrived safe enough. Need to tape ’em and swap tyres now.

mrhoppy

Had a response to my email, boxes due in and shipping to commence end of this week although they can’t guarantee them arriving for the weekend.

transition1
    Free Member

I refused delivery of a wheel before Christmas via UPS asked driver to return to sender damaged & not what I wanted guess what Superstar not received it back so refuse to refund me & UPS have lost it so am out of pocket for their cock up. Will never order from them again hubs crap tools suck used their bearing tools & yes are crap……

Northwind

mrhoppy – Member

Had a response to my email, boxes due in and shipping to commence end of this week although they can’t guarantee them arriving for the weekend.

Just fyi, I ordered wheels last night and they shipped at lunchtime today- I’d not be happy if I was kept waiting while new orders got posted…

Finkill

That’s pretty frustrating to hear.

Northwind

Then I have made you feel worse, for no gain. My work here is done.

slimjim78
    Free Member

/\ this guy 🙂

Kryton57

I ordered a wheel from Merlin on Sunday night. It arrived this morning.

HTH

core

I sent my wheels back, so they’ll have one more box now……….

jairaj

I refused delivery of a wheel before Christmas via UPS asked driver to return to sender damaged & not what I wanted guess what Superstar not received it back so refuse to refund me & UPS have lost it so am out of pocket for their cock up.

hmm that doesn’t sound correct to me. Surely if you refuse to accept the delivery it’s still the sender’s problem? You haven’t taken ownership of it yet and shouldn’t be out of pocket if it goes missing. They should have adequate insurance or protection to cover the value of it going missing.

How did you pay? Can you use paypal protection or charge back on your card to get the money back?

Northwind

Arrived! Anyone want a box? This one’s brand new and everything, looks like it’s fresh off the press

bubs

Nah – they are just taking more time with mine to make them extra super.

Northwind

Yeah, to be fair I should check there’s some wheels in the box before I mouth off.

djflexure

First impressions?

jimwah
    Free Member

I got my xx27 wheels within 48hr of placing the order, had a quick check over when they arrived and they looked nicely finished, no obvious tool marks on anything, rear hub was very clicky and engaged well, can’t really say more than that for now.

Sticking some tyres/cassette on them this weekend, and going to try to cleanly remove the red stickers which don’t fit in with my green/black theme 😀 so I’ll get a better look then, but they wont get used in anger here for a few weeks at least.

bearman
    Free Member

Finally here, Pair of 650b Flow EX on the fuel hubs coming in at 1007g for the rear and 950g for the front

woody2000

Just returning my Fuel rear wheel for a warranty inspection, I think the freehub is failing (failed). Lots of cracking and popping sounds, now it’s not freewheeling very well. Superstar have been helpful so far though, so no compaints there. They’ve arranged collection so no cost to me, we’ll see what happens once they’ve had a look. Bought end of September last year, I’d guess at maybe 350 miles on them.

ajantom

Just returning my Fuel rear wheel for a warranty inspection, I think the freehub is failing (failed).

Did you open it up to have a look and grease it when you got it?

Not saying you should have to, but having had stuff come basically dry in the past, it’s always worth doing.

I always open stuff up anyway as I like to know what’s going on inside. Forks, shocks, brakes, headsets, hubs….but then I am a DT teacher, so fiddling with things is my métier 😉

Oh, and according to the UPS website my neighbour has just taken delivery of my wheels. Yay!

woody2000

I didn’t look at it, no. If they replace it, I’ll certainly take a look at the replacement!

ajantom

Seem to be a pretty well made pair of wheels. Tensions good all the way round, and the hubs and freehub seem to be well greased inside.
    Obviously, no idea about longevity on the hubs – but I’m sure keeping they’ll be reet if I keep them lubed over winter and check the bearings every-so-often.
    Even managed to tape up and mount some WTB TCS tyres with minimal effort – my technique’s obviously improving 🙂
    Just off to see if I can get them up with a track pump.

mrhoppy

Mine have been dispatched today, yay, just in time for me to be out of the office for the next three days. Boo.

ajantom

Some haribo in the box to make up for the delay would’ve been nice. But no 🙁

sargey

My flow ex wheels came today, they look great to me,

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘PSA 50% Off Clearance Stuff at Superstar’ is closed to new replies.