Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)
  • PSA 50% Off Clearance Stuff at Superstar
  • woodster

Just checked their Facebook as I was looking to get some brake pads and saw that they’ve got a New Year deal. Spend £100 on their clearance range and get 50% off with code MONSTER50

I bought some Flow EX 29 on Fuel hubs and a ratchet multi tool for £133!

Here

russyh
    Free Member

I just ordered some 650b flows mk3 on same hubs for £125! I have no need for them either! Madness

alexxx
    Free Member

mk2 rims surely^

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chakaping
    Free Member

Sticking some tools in my basket but the site is running so slow!

takisawa2

If anyone can stick a crown race remover & third hand tool in their basket I’m happy to chuck you a few guinea’s for a bottle of Blue Nun…
    (Don’t need £50’s worth of bits).

chakaping
    Free Member

I would’ve done but it’s taken me a dozen goes to get to the payment stage already!

Northwind

Some of those wheel deals are bloody good tbh. If I didn’t alreayd have a spare set for the big bike I’d have bought some of those flow exs (I’m pretty sure they’re the mk2, which isn’t the best of rims, but at the price it’s still a great buy)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

mk2 ergo not wide ergo not enduro ergo i’m out 😀

alexxx
    Free Member

I just got some as I’m off to NZ in Feb and they’ll be easier to rebuild than the mavics on the Capra.. I actually think the mk2 is an awesome rim, It’s handled dh duties well on my Zerode but I have ruined a couple in pretty dramatic ways but I think most rims would have died too..

£120 for a wheelset… awesome! shame I just need to get a shimano 11 speed cassette for my sram setup now but still worth the saving!

russyh
    Free Member

Sorry mk2’s I don’t need them but for that money perfect to fit some heavy tyres to for uplift days

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

These are the flow exs though? The ones before the latest version?

What weight would you expect the 29er wheels to be?

cheers_drive

Put a pair of the Stans flow 29ers in the basket but however cheap they are I don’t need them.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Much the same here, no need for them but at 100 quid it’s hard to resist!

deanfbm
    Free Member

The fuel hubs are the worst bike part I’ve ever owned.

Avoid.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I get the impression there are some insane wheel deals at Superstar, is anyone getting tempted to buy a pair and then build up a bargain bike with a PX Parkwood frame (PX have a 10% off code for this weekend)?

Superstar don’t stock any fatbike hubs or wheels, do they?

A silly part of me has thought about buying a clearance rim or two, buy a ~£19 El Guapo front fatbike hub (possibly a bargain rear hub from elsewhere) and try to find someone to build a wheel or two.

nytmadn
    Free Member

If someone is thinking of putting an order together I’d be very tempted by a 104bcd I/O chainring in 38t gold 😀

Kryton57

The Sentinel / Fuel wheels I ordered at 25% off are on back order. I wonder if I can cancel it and get them for £100?

Edit: not on the website

I’m hoping this isn’t the general view?

righog
    Free Member

Just pulled the trigger on these

Please tell me they are as good as I am hoping

SS Carbon Switch £175

tthew

A silly part of me has thought about buying a clearance rim or two, buy a ~£19 El Guapo front fatbike hub (possibly a bargain rear hub from elsewhere) and try to find someone to build a wheel or two.

If you’re doing that, get yourself a wheel building stand and learn to DIY. It’s not so hard, and very satisfying.

Kryton57

The Sentinel / Fuel wheels I ordered…

No Black/hubs/rims left anyway, oh well.

bubs

Excellent work – thanks (£359.99 to £199.99 to £100).

superstu
    Free Member

Great heads up, thanks OP. Been mulling over some wheels for ages, now purchased for far less than I thought I’d spend

fooman

Just got a Switch Supercomp wheelset as it’s cheaper than buying the hubs separately. I usually build with Stans ZTR rims but noticed they had the XC Carbon rims for £70/pair. Any opinions on these rims? The pre built AM Carbon rim set is sold out now.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Avoid.

Care to elaborate on your experiences dean? I’m curious as someone else posted a disparaging comment about them as well. As far as I was aware the Switch hubs were reasonably well regarded as a budget option, and these Fuel hubs are the newer and more expensive option.

andy4d

Thanks for the psa. New wheels ordered…don’t know what for yet
    Impulse buying eh.

gaidong
    Free Member

Thanks OP. Ordered some white 26er wheels for my daughter’s first real MTB (all to be in red and white). Anyone spotted any red tyres with a foldable bead?

vincienup
    Free Member

Bugger. On the one hand, my wallet is safe as those Stans rims only seem to come with Fuel hubs and the Fuel seems to be Shimano free hub only and therefore useless to me, but it is a fantastic price…

alexxx
    Free Member

I bought the fuels but I’ve got sram.. guess I just need to buy a shimano cassette .. I hope.

superjohn71
    Free Member

I got some Alexrims Supercomp 26″ for my Merida hardtail so I can keep road type tyres on the (heavy) factory rims for trail a bike duties with the kiddywinks, and bung my maxis knobbly tyres on the superstar wheels for terain that’s too much for my CX / adventure bikes. I’m not expecting much, but for £80 they only need to be as good as budget factory wheels. The site was painfully slow though; the sale must be popular!

vincienup
    Free Member

alexxx, SRAM will run fine on a Shimano cassette, so you don’t need to worry about that.

Unfortunately Shimano cassettes are fairly different in terms of range – which is a blocker from my point of view.

Never mind!

kimbers

I got some 29er rims on switch hubs from ss 2 Xmas sales ago, at 100 quid they have been excellent,

Theses days they are unfashionably narrow at 21 mm ,

Can I justify spending a bit more for a bit wider rims

jkomo

Nice one, my 4th set of SS wheels and happy with all. This is the best deal of the lot.
    Thanks

ajantom

650b Flow EX wheels for £125. Yes please 🙂 I guess these are Mk2s? Even so they’re 29mm external, so pretty wide.

andyl
    Free Member

Couldnt resist the AM carbon 26″ wheels for £175. My steel 29er and aluminium 650b FS have LB carbon rims so it seemed wrong that my carbon 26″ was on Arch EX.

Just wish I could have got the stealth graphic versions as the normal graphics are not pretty. Was tempted to just buy the carbon stealth rims for £130 but seemed silly to when full builds were only £45 more.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Just tied to order some but out of stock now. Guess some people have been greedy who don’t really need them.

russyh
    Free Member

Why is it Greedy?

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Why is it Greedy?

Because he didn’t get what he wanted.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Tolerances were out on front hub meaning I had to add spacers to the tube spacer.

Not enough meat between the pawl seats on the freehub, 3 different free hubs, all destroyed from pedalling load.

I’ll put down one failure to bad luck, no problem, 3 consecutive failures on different parts with the same mode, terrible design.

Dango
    Free Member

I used to buy loads of stuff from SS but tend now just to spend a bit more money on proper brands that IMO last longer and have had more design and development put into their products. Worst product I bought was a pair of Delta Mag pedals, they lasted about 40 miles and SS didn’t have spares at the time to repair so they refunded. Now have DMR vaults which have been faultless. Their pads are cheap but don’t last (false economy) and I haven’t heard good things about the carbon wheels/rims which is a real shame as I still have a couple of 26aintdead bikes and would have bought otherwise

russyh
    Free Member

Not defending ss here but with respect if you have not heard good things about their carbon wheels then you have not read previous threads on singletrack. There have been loads of positive comments. I personally had a set and thought they were great. The wheel build was woefully poor, but the rim itself was fantastic. I am a serial wheel killer as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘PSA 50% Off Clearance Stuff at Superstar’ is closed to new replies.